• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Insanity :::Version 1.1:::

Reactions: FeelMyRash
After a little time, i have made a much more.. proficient spell.
A bunch of changes since 1.0 lots of fixes and with a banshee model now.
Usable in multiplayers.
No leaks.
Cleaned up, and ready to go.

Again, be brutally honest.. i'd like to see what you can come up with now. =)

UPDATED! Check out it's newness. =P

Keywords:
Insanity, Insane, Crazy, Scary, Demon, Spell
Contents

Insanity Map (Map)

Reviews
12:25, 29th Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: The spell was pretty original, at least from all the spells I have tried. The coding was decent too.

M

12:25, 29th Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

The spell was pretty original, at least from all the spells I have tried.
The coding was decent too.

Level 11
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move (Insanity_Point offset by ((Random real number between -2000.00 and 2000.00), (Random real number between -2000.00 and 2000.00)))
This point leaks, you shoud store it into variable either with "Insanity_Point" itself just before using it. Offset points need to be stored into variables too and then destroyed cause they leak too.

Then, about codding efficiency:

• Set Insane_Unit = (Casting unit)
  • Set Insaneness_Copy = (Position of Insane_Unit)
And then:

• Set loc_Unit = (Position of (Casting unit))
What's the matter of doing this? You can easily spawn your dummy unit as Insaneness(Insaness?)_Copy. The rules say: "If you can do smth w/o variables, make it w/o them!" The same for this:

• Set loc_UnitEnemy = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
You had already set the variable for this. So for the efficency and reducing the range of useless variables and so speeding up the process for some NANO-seconds ( :D ) you'd better remake this somehow.

About the idea:

Well, great! :D
Really!

I was impressed much, didn't expect to see such a creative and interesting work. It's the next newest thing which I find here after Jonny's Man-Eating plant. :)

I think, I can give you 4/5 before fixing leaks and removing these variables. Then I'll put 5/5 and vote using this mini-moderator thing.

EDIT: And can you please move the starting location to location of the hero or to the point between two heroes? :)

Level 6
I don't get what this spell is supposed to do :p ok you run away, then?

Think of it as a escape spell, you have 50 hp left and a hero is right on your tail.. You cast insanity on him, become invisible and he gets slowed.. I.E. You escape.
And to add a true characterization of Insanity, you start seeing ghosts, and may even take severe damage in the process.

Or you could just use it on an opponent to finish him off..

It is currently totally leakless!

Yes, I can't see the ghosts when I cast it on others!

I like how the enemy is slow buffed as well!

4.9/5 Campaign - Leakless, and amazing. (For those who use it for campaign might want to make ghosts visible)
4.9/5 Multiplayer - Perfect

Add some instruction in the comments of the trigger. It is very easy to copy over, but people like instructions. The want to know what variables are used. What abilities, units, buffs, and etc. Until, you add that you will never see 5/5. Even if it is awesome!!! (Which it is)

Level 8
SO this is the spell The Faceless guy casts on your party in Old Kingdom. GREAT JOB on it. =D
I started to go WTF because when i cast it on the other guy he wasnt getting hurt, but it was the ghosts being randomly placed too far away. Good Job 5/5

Level 6
Level 11
Level 19
will this cause de-syncs in my 12 player map? if not i am soooooo using this spell, very cool nackel.. + cred

GetLocalPlayer() won't cause desyncs with hiding units.
Not sure about ghosts' sounds but I havent tried this spell so dont know if there are sounds.

Anyways it shouldn't desync as far as I know