• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infinite Missile Bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi, i've created a spell that fires a missile (firebolt) and should bounce in each enemy target within 700 range until all enemies death, the problem is that sometimes the missile doesn't bounce, sometimes bounces a couple of times and sometimes bounces more than ten times, anyway i was wondering if there's some "System" that prevents a trigger to be continuously triggered

Level 13
Can you show the spell?
1) The unit uses Channel (ReplicativeBolt), that spell does nothing, just for enabling the trigger(nothing(Replicative Shot) is the dummy unit)
2) the dummy unit uses Replicative bolt (Firebolt)
cat2.PNG

3) When the target is attacked by the spell, create another dummy (Nothing(Spirit Wolf)) that uses the channel(ReplicativeBolt) and uses it(Soul burn, i used the Soul Burn ID), ignore the deactivated functions
In this case i used Acolytes for testing the ability
cat1.PNG

Level 13
1) You have to add a limit to that, how and make it MUI?, I don't know.
2) The part of "Random unit from (Units within 700.00 of (Position of DamageEventTarget))" can also count the current target, you should add "Matching Unit Not equal to DamageEventTarget"
3) You should look at How To Post Your Trigger and Memory Leaks
Ok i'm an idiot, i forgot that it counts also the dead units, now it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.