• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infestation and Spore Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently had some inspiration to create a third race for my project. I thought up two spells that I very much wish to see.

Infestation:
Targets structures and mechanical ground units. Lays a large web (use the Web spell model) over the structure and lasts 30 seconds, disabling any movement/abilities/training. During that time the doodad model eggsack will appear as eye-candy around and on the model at a rate of one every 3 seconds. The Web model can be targeted so the owner has a chance to defend his structure. At the end of the 30 seconds the building explodes.

Spore:
Instant spell, spawns 10 flying units that seek out organic targets and fly into them exploding, dealing 100 damage per unit. The exploding units can be killed while in flight.

I'd prefer these be done without triggers or JASS, but if it is required please keep in mind this is for melee use and needs to be MUI, MPI, etc.

The demo map can be found here, the unit that will receive these abilities is the Broodlord.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/nerubian-race-feedback-126945/

Rep, credit, and my thanks to anyone who meets the requirements. <3

Level 15
I guess the most simple solution for your Spore ability is a non triggered spell.

Use a Locust Swarm based ability and change the spawned units, use some custome units for that without the locust ability and give them a custome Self Destruct Spell from those Tinker Robots which should be activaded when they spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.