• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Increasing the Hit Point Regeneration by a percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Hi there!

I've got a minor question about hit point regeneration.

I want to increase a unit's hit point regeneration by X%, but without giving it an visible ability (such like Auras, Buffs, Green Buttons...).
In addition, I don't want to use "Item Life Regeneration" [Arel, Arll], except they're causing a useful bug.

Am I overlooking any non-periodic-trigger solution?

In object editor the very right field: Researches or Techs

There you can modify a research to increase the hp-regen rate. Now you have to ensure that your specific unit uses this research. This also can be handled in object editor at your unit.

In game you simply can upgrade these techs with a GUI action. (cetegory: player-actions)

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Neat idea, but I won't be able to lower this effect after I added it, am I right?^^

(like Minute 1 = 0% ---> Minute 2 (Researched) = 50% ---> Minute 3 (Lowering) = 20%)

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Damn... I feared it...
Just to clarify^^:
Sometimes there could be aprox. 100 units at once that probably will be looped in a Dynamic Indexer (no Hashtable) using GUI, and later, if I'm experienced enough converting it to vJASS / WurstScript.
With keeping in mind that this map is aimed for being played as 5vs5 online, is this solution causing noticeable fps-loss? I don't have the possibilities for testing it in a realistic scenario, so I can't assess it^^

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Yeah, I was thinking about something like 0.10 or 0.15 anyway.
That it's close to the gap, where it still looks smooth.

Thanks for the help:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.