• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Freezing Hit Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a good way to make a unit's hit points stuck? Meaning it becomes inchangable in spite of damage, healing and regeneration.

Using a periodic timer to reset HP to a var is one way. But it doesn't prevent death if one instance of damage exceeds HP.

Using a damage taken event is also a way. But it doesn't stop regeneration and healing.

I guess I could combine those two methods, but I would like to know if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance :)

Level 8
I see, thank you very much.

Does Hardened Skin work on abilities though? Or any other source of damage like triggers, spells etc.

Level 8
True. I'll run some tests later then. I'll repost the thread if my problem is unsolved.

Thanks for your help so far :)

Level 23
it doesnt reduce damage from spells, I just tested it with footman with modified Hardened skin and throwing storm bolt on him. To make this truly work, you could pick(if you are not using already) a Damage Detectino system on hive(Looking for help has nice GUI damage detection system, Bribe and Weep have one too) and then when unit has some dummy ability on him, you change the damage the unit receives to 0. This will block ALL incomming damage, no matter if it is from spell, triggers or basic attack swing.

However if you truly want to freeze the unit's hp you must also somehow manipulate the units hp regeneration(if you want to truly freeze it)

Status
Not open for further replies.