• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Priest Heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello,

I have a problem with priests auto heal, they don't do it. I believe it's because my units have negative hit point regeneration so it doesn't count it as loss HP, even if they get hit by an actual attack or have 3 hp left, the priests will not automatically heal.
Is there a way to make them automatically heal, or find alternatively healing abilities that don't involve manually clicking on each unit to heal them.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Trigger the regeneration maybe?
It was not intended by blizzard that units with negative regeneration are healed, because the intention was that they would run out of mana/hp at some point.
Statues do not autocast when only untis with negative regeneration are nearby (Destroyers), though they will still heal them, if you manually cast or autocast is triggered by a unit with positive regeneration.
Fountains also don't work on these units.
Maybe there is something in the gameplay constants regarding this, but if not just trigger it. You could try adding abilities with negative regeneration, maybe autocast only checks for base regeneration.

Level 12
If the auto-cast ability is off by default, I don't think that the AI is smart enough to turn it on.
There is a field on all autocast spells saying something similar to "auto-cast on by default"
Make sure that is on, test again.

regards
-Ned

Level 11
Trigger the regeneration maybe?
It was not intended by blizzard that units with negative regeneration are healed, because the intention was that they would run out of mana/hp at some point.
Statues do not autocast when only untis with negative regeneration are nearby (Destroyers), though they will still heal them, if you manually cast or autocast is triggered by a unit with positive regeneration.
Fountains also don't work on these units.
Maybe there is something in the gameplay constants regarding this, but if not just trigger it. You could try adding abilities with negative regeneration, maybe autocast only checks for base regeneration.

Well a positive regen aura will negate the HP loss which is what I already use to keep the said units alive, but that's not really what I wanted. And why doesn't the Fountain Regen work?
I just need a way to heal the units when they take damage, the priests heal worked best as it didn't require micro management and could be used in armies, however it seems I may need to find another way of healing the units.
But thank you, if you got any other ideas I would appreciate it if you could share them.

If the auto-cast ability is off by default, I don't think that the AI is smart enough to turn it on.
There is a field on all autocast spells saying something similar to "auto-cast on by default"
Make sure that is on, test again.

regards
-Ned

Yeah mate, I will be blunt but I think you were reading something else while you commented on this thread, maybe try again when you're not distracted?
regards
-Yours truly

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I explained, why regenerative abilities do not work on units with negative regeneration: simply blizzard does not want that they work.
This is only the case for base regeneration. If you have a positive base regeneration, but add negatvie regneration with an ability (ring of regeneration), the unit will be healed by heal or statues with autocast and fountains work as well. The unit will still have negative regneration due to the ability.

If you want a unit with -3 regeneration, set regeneration to +1 and add an ability with -4 regeneration. The game will treat the unit as a normal unit with normal regeneration, even though it has negative regeneration.

Level 4
Alternatively you can simulate negative regeneration with an ability that damages self like permanent immolation or phoenix fire

Status
Not open for further replies.