• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Autocast spell that target injured ally (apart from priest healing)

Hello,
I'd like to make an autocast with the Rejuvenation spell.
I need an autocast ability similar to priest healing so my caster only target allies who have lost HP.
I am currently using inner fire but it cast the ability on full HP unit, which I don't want.
Healing ability isn't viable because it freezes the unit while the ability is on cooldown.
I tried Frost armor months ago and had some issue (I forgot which one).

Thank you,

Level 21
Trigger it with a dummy unit.
Use heal as a base spell that heals 0 hit points (AI should still be able to cast it as far as I know). Change its mana to 125 or whatever you want, give it a cooldown if you want.
Then create a dummy unit when the caster uses Heal and order that dummy unit to use rejuvenation on the target unit of ability being cast.

Also make sure to remove/change the art effect played when Heal is used, so the yellow light thingy does not appear (which is what you want I assume).
If somehow heal doesn't work with 0 as healing value, change it to 1, it won't be much of a problem for you I assume (healing 1 hp with heal)

Obviously make sure the dummy is correctly set and all the ability related stuff as well; for example the allowed targets, mana costs etc.
I personally leave the ability that the dummy unit uses to its original mana cost but give the dummy like 100 000 starting and max mana.

Last edited:
Hello,
More context: I know how to trigger it with a dummy unit, the issue is Heal spell freezing the unit when the ability is on cooldown.
What I want is: Unit auto-cast to injured target -> dummy unit cast rejuvenation -> original caster gets back to auto attack while the spell is on cooldown.
This currently does not work with autocasted healing abilities like priest healing or obsidian statue healing.

I have hundreds of units fighting each other, therefore my triggering options are kinda limited.

Level 20
Just throwing something out there. Can the freeze be interrupted by removing the heal ability from the unit then adding it again? If instant remove/add is not viable what about waiting a frame? I just add 0.01 to TEST if frame skip works. If it does work then it should also work with regular frame skip.

Level 21
Hello,
More context: I know how to trigger it with a dummy unit, the issue is Heal spell freezing the unit when the ability is on cooldown.
What I want is: Unit auto-cast to injured target -> dummy unit cast rejuvenation -> original caster gets back to auto attack while the spell is on cooldown.
This currently does not work with autocasted healing abilities like priest healing or obsidian statue healing.

I have hundreds of units fighting each other, therefore my triggering options are kinda limited.
I see. Try what Duckfarter suggested, event should be "Unit starts the effect of an ability" and conditions "Ability being cast equal to Heal"

Just throwing something out there. Can the freeze be interrupted by removing the heal ability from the unit then adding it again? If instant remove/add is not viable what about waiting a frame? I just add 0.01 to TEST if frame skip works. If it does work then it should also work with regular frame skip.

I tested it, and it looks fine to me, thanks for the suggestion :thumbs_up:.