• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Heal" in spellbook - autocast lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I put a heal spell in a spell book, when i order the unit with the spellbook to cast it on an anvil unit which is being constantly damaged by a neutral passive paesant, it puts me back to the menu where i can click only the spellbook icon, but i cant because the spellbook is in constant cooldown like the spell....anything i can do about this? If not then how could i get an any autocast spell in a spellbook to contsantly autocast and still have access to the spellbook? Hope you understand, thanks.

Level 3
Thanks, that works, however i think sadly there is no way to have shared cooldowns and autocast spells since the autocast would constantly keep the spellbook closed.

You can make the cast triggered. Meaning, when the unit has the empty spell on autocast, it will trigger the heal, rather than the spell itself actually casting.
Or, you could just not use shared cooldown. Or better, remove the cooldown and give it a cast time. I'm assuming you want the cooldowns to be shared because you don't want the hero to be doing multiple things during the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.