• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Inactive] Roland's Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

BEFORE:
ce9d6bac1efc46199941d6b7b8b8e258.png

AFTER:
155275d1464790941-rolands-portfolio-new-full-version-updating-0doodle-27-.png

Ignore the ears! I was too lazy to improve the ears, so who ever calls it a popcorn (Like Plazma019's god damn disgusting Comment) GTFO and UNSUBSCRIBE MY THREAD.

Attachments

• 0Doodle (27).png
    0Doodle (27).png
    266.1 KB · Views: 240

Roland

R

Roland

Oh, He's just some random stranger I've been studying, I'm learning some Perspectives of Human faces so I would Improve my drawing.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I like the fact you show us how a drawing evolves.

From raw pencil sketch, to half-inked wip, to finished drawing, it helps us understand how you work. The ideas you have while first doodling, the challenges you are facing, the choices and sacrifices you make, and ultimately the solutions or workarounds you find, all of this shows us your process of creation.

For me, whoever the artist is, the most interesting part is always the pencils stage. It is where we can "feel" the creative process at work. Plus, the many lines have some kind of raw energy and life in them.

About the process of creation, by a master creator :

The movie's beginning

Roland

R

Roland

523aefe0106b4be79593dff39224de63.png

AFTER
88953853321a4907b66ecf3703eeb335.png

BTW, Concept from the Midget brute I made (Doodle was a long time ago.)

Attachments

• 0Doodle (28).png
    0Doodle (28).png
    249.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20150928_063235 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20150928_063235 - Copy.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
BTW, Concept from the Midget brute I made (Doodle was a long time ago.)

155297d1464947571-rolands-portfolio-new-full-version-updating-img_20150928_063235-copy.jpg

Thanks for the cool pics.

I can feel that raw energy coming from the first doodle.

Concept seems to have evolved from barbarian midget brute, to midget king. This is vaguely reminiscent of Conan the Barbarian, since the character "in time became a king by his own hand". The evolution of the belt's medal is interesting, too. Same for the veins becoming tattoos. I also see the white thick line (to separate the beard from the tattoo) is also used here. This might be an integral part of your drawing style.

I myself was first wondering how long it took you to conceptualize and finalize this new character (everything done in a single day seemed *very* fast to me, since chara-design takes time). I would suggest you write somewhere the year you draw something, it can help you keep track.

The middle sketch allows us to understand you experimented with various angles for feet. I understand the midget is a solid tough guy, firm on its feet and strong like a bulldog. Emphasis/exaggeration might help define a character's personality better. You might want to experiment more with them.

For some of your recent characters (including this one), the way you draw their eyes reminds me of the cartoons from the 30s. You can find examples of it, even in recent video games which pay homage to the good old classics. Like Cuphead :

Roland

R

Roland

Thanks for your kind comments, Pyf, But actually, I wasn't watching the videos you sent for me.

Roland and plazma019(& xYours Trulyx ), i suggest you to solve your problems elsewhere.
This is an art thread, only comments and constructive criticism regarding Roland's drawings are allowed.
So, plazma019, please comment if you have something to say in the context of his art.
If you feel that something can be improved, you can share your experience - suggesting him how it can be improved.

I'll clean the thread and leave only the comments that are art-related.

Roland

R

Roland

Thank you for cleaning my thread, I was enraged by this xYoursTrulyx and this Plazma019 kids, Please give them some yellow card so They won't even gonna bug me here in my Heaven, This is the only safe place against this pestering fools.

This is Jose and this man will crush your ribs to powder.
3d8671229029422997e199e3c0dc810e.png

He loves wearing suits, but he hates when it's sleeved, this makes him itchy in his armpits and his Dragon tattoo. that's why he wants to rip it out.
0Doodle (29).png

29th Doodle.

"Got Gold or something 'bub?"

Attachments

• 0Doodle (30).png
    0Doodle (30).png
    70.4 KB · Views: 106

Roland

R

Roland

You are very talented man :D I'm impressed of ur Artwork...

Thanks man, I appreciate your comments, If you really want to criticize my Art so darn deep, You have the right :b but FYI, I'm still learning and I'm a newbie. :p

Roland

R

Roland

So you're back again to ransack my threads? Anyway, Thanks tho, But please keep my thread clean, This is my own safehouse so rules are rules :3

Roland

R

Roland

Erm, Since this Tranquility Armor set is canceled so fuck. I'm gonna do this and I just hope that this will be accomplished within time so here's what I'm gonna list down.

~Direfury's Signature
~Adventure Time's Hierophant Doodle. (Bat and Wolf Form) - Cancel'd
~Adventure Time's Urgence Evergreen Doodle - Fuck it, Cancel'd
~Adventure Time's Vampire King doodle (His Normal, Lion and Cloud Form) - FUCK! CANCELED!
~A small speed-sketch of me (Includes a peg leg)
~World Of Warcraft's Dijin (My version of it)
~Beardy McBearderson 3.0.

I just really hope this will be accomplished soon enough cause by the next week I might be inactive cause of Senior High in ACLC Commonwealth.

If you want more doodle requests just inform me I will exclude this imbecile (excluding Bora_balboa) users that will request at me.

1. PLAZMA019
2. XYOURSTRULYX
3. ARCHIMMONDE
4. BORA_BALBOA (Sorry but you've been a clown lately so I might exclude you.)

Dijin
0Doodle (31).png

Roland

R

Roland

It's because I was banned four days because I became a racist flamer to [E]Clipse in his Visitor's message, I don't have any plans to return back in my planned Graphics designing projects.

Roland

R

Roland

Made this last night for my facebook account cover..

Attachments

• Test123.png
    Test123.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 128

Roland

R

Roland

I'll cut ya dicks off you little pigs screaming around my territory you little fucks..
Here's some quicky doodle of the Main antagonist of Wolf Creek 2, Mick taylor..

When I see pathetic comments I'll snipe you piglets to the very end.

Attachments

• 0Doodle (32).png
    0Doodle (32).png
    193.6 KB · Views: 95

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Glad to see you are back at doodling symmetric portraits, Roland.

Now, this is another character with strong personality, obviously.

He immediately reminded me of Wolverine/ Logan. He has kinda feral eyes, his grin makes his teeth apparent like he may bite someone. Plus, his jacket may suggest he is some kind of lumberjack (like Logan in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie). And did I mention his beard style ?

He probably has a large, powerful small neck (hard to say). Wearing a hat makes him stylish, too. And red mean danger. Nobody should mess with this guy. :wink:

The plain black / white / red combination is simple but effective. The little strokes of white on his black beard are a nice touch. I see you keep experimenting with beard-renderings.

The red jacket's lines do not follow his (probably muscular) body, and the buttons seem kinda wrong. But you might have done it on purpose. For it is not the first time you draw a portrait with geometric shapes on top/bottom of the face. Best example of it is here imho.

** edit **

Two examples of a clothing's geometric shapes not fitting a character's body/orientation. Both taken from Hergé's The Adventures of Tintin :
http://www.comicbookbrain.com/_imagery/2012-10-14/tintin-soviets-1400.jpg (square pattern)
http://www.zephirin.eu/images3/vignetteaucongo1.jpg (lines are always vertical !)

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
That probably means my intimate parts are safe. Phew, am I lucky! :xxd:

A few things I failed to point out : black hat means evil, the red+black combo may symbolize power and wealth (or more simply blood and death), eyes with no pupils usually refer to super-hero characters wearing a mask, or supernatural beings with no soul.

Also, I failed to notice the hat's shadow, which is also a nice touch. May work like a surrogate mask (see comment above).

I do not know the Mick Taylor character. After seeing photographs of him as well as the movie's trailer, I would say you drew what you *feel* he truly is deep inside. There is also probably a pun between the movie's title "Wolf Creek" and how you drew him (hence my associations with feral stuff).

Artist's renditions do not have to be faithful to their original model. But not knowing him/her may lead to wrong (and sometimes fun) interpretations of a drawing's initial intents.

In case somebody wants to visit Australia after seeing the movie: :grin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfe_Creek_Crater

I'll cut ya dicks off you little pigs screaming around my territory you little fucks..
Here's some quicky doodle of the Main antagonist of Wolf Creek 2, Mick taylor..

When I see pathetic comments I'll snipe you piglets to the very end.

....sure.

nice drawings by the way :D

I would suggest trying to draw 3/4 portraits, shake you a little and get you out of your comfort zone. You'll hate yourself at first, but soon enough you'll realise how much better you've become at the end of the day... so ya know... looking forward to that!

Roland

R

Roland

....sure.

nice drawings by the way :D

I would suggest trying to draw 3/4 portraits, shake you a little and get you out of your comfort zone. You'll hate yourself at first, but soon enough you'll realise how much better you've become at the end of the day... so ya know... looking forward to that!

Hahah don't mind that threatening comment, It's just a quote from the Film I watched.. oh yeah, Congrats with the moderator-ship.

Roland

R

Roland

Nah, I didn't stole any ideas, I was just testing the new brushes I've installed in my Tools.. It's quite smooth tho. More commissions will be released soon.

Roland

R

Roland

Hey guys - What's up? Anyway, I got some commissions I compiled when I was in school for the past couple of months and weeks of staring to ugly teachers.. But anyway, Here's a ledger sized Scan of my doodles.. These 'bubs will be Doodled Digitally soon.. (Should I start with the wolf or the monk?)

My Traditional commissions in school
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Roland

R

Roland

That looks the same as your previous pic XD
It's actually based on the doodles I scanned earlier, I asked san for suggestions when will I start doodling if it's the monk or the Wolf thingy..

Commission #35 - Roj'Gor The Executor/Beheader
Doodled from 6:23 PM to 11:38 PM (Philippine Time Standard) - It's a looooooong doodle! Blame my grandfather for all his Naggity-ness and his Demands!

Attachments

• 0Doodle (35).png
    0Doodle (35).png
    637.8 KB · Views: 201

Roland

R

Roland

BEHOLD. My own version of Calorie Beardy Dogo.. (Drogho) Despite of not watching game of thrones and being a massive spoilerfag.. Inb4 GoTWiki :p
0Doodle (36).png

Roland

R

Roland

Tundra-ic Ritual Armor (The head shows the diagram without the helmet of the suit.)

Welp, Dunno how to title this guy, he's study doodle for me. I found the base (Which is an armor) in WeirdiantArt.

Attachments

• 0DoodleDemo1.png
    0DoodleDemo1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 0Doodle (37).png
    0Doodle (37).png
    277.1 KB · Views: 118

Roland

R

Roland

@Mr.Goblin: 50 Whats? I don't get it, Sir Vince.

#40 Doodle

Attachments

• 0Doodle (40).png
    0Doodle (40).png
    152.9 KB · Views: 77
@Mr.Goblin: 50 Whats? I don't get it, Sir Vince.

#40 Doodle

just the way you constructed your image with your lineart. You created some interresting patterns and some cool features in your overall designs. so ya know basically = cool work!

Roland

R

Roland

@Mr.Goblin: Oh, Thank you sensei, Well, I'm just only studying more symmetrical art, But I'll by practicing the asymmetrical ones really soon~ :3 More doodles to come sir <3

Roland

R

Roland

I was bored so I decided to take a flashback on my doodles but with a different layout, I used one of the Autodesk's Latest sketchbook Pro apps, Previously I used the 2011 Version which I'm fucking sick and tired. I decided to use some new brushes instead. So here's my outcome..

Attachments

• 0Doodle (22B).png
    0Doodle (22B).png
    81.9 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.