• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Portfolio feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, lovely hive members..

has you might already know (or not), I have always been interrested in art. I'm right now studing in art also. It's my first year and I hope I will learn new tricks and techniques so I can get better each day. Anyway, I started not long ago to create my own portfolio, to start gathering my work and to see at what level i'm at, since it's only my best art piece that I put in there..

Now, I would like to know, what do you think of it? Is there some Art work I should remove, or should I add more art work in a ''X'' cathegoris?..etc.

This is important, and I need your help.

I'm waiting for your feedbacks..

http://vincentturcot.daportfolio.com/

Level 10
Very nice stuff!

Other than the legs that are in the back, your drawings are quite nice.

If those legs were fixed, and the teeth made a little more realistic looking, they would be perfection.

Solid work, keep it up.

Very nice stuff!

Other than the legs that are in the back, your drawings are quite nice.

If those legs were fixed, and the teeth made a little more realistic looking, they would be perfection.

Solid work, keep it up.

could you please tell me, wich drawing are you talking about?

Level 10
could you please tell me, wich drawing are you talking about?

Concepts-
the First, second, and third ones

The legs that are in the background, are kinda crappily detailed. They should be less detailed yes, but not crappily, :thumbs_up:

You should also work on your teeth, they are nice and cartoony, but with the seriousness of the work you are doing, I would recommend working on them a little more.

-Not everything has teeth outside of its mouth
-Not everything has teeth that look the same pointed cone shape.
-Teeth on mean, evil animals should not be slim and fragile looking, and should look more rooted in the creatures mouth.

Other that those things, you do VERY nice work.

Your muscle structures are a little "fatty" looking, so maybe you might want to tighten them up a little bit in certain highly active areas. Concepts - drawing 2. His front leg is kind of funky looking.

Level 26
hrmm... good point. some of it does look a bit "fatty". especially the dilogus large lizard with the long tail. also the flying dragonthing has an accordion neck. the dilogus demon rhyno's (backgroung) legs looks larger then the (foreground) legs. the dilogus demon chicken thing also has 1 wing larger than the other.... i mean, everything is very well done and it looks nice, but if you look closely some of the proportions are off

Level 4
I really, really like the animals. About your concepts:

- The "Demogre" (is that the name?) needs more detail in the building in which the Wizard is standing. And the Demogre's chain loses detail and it ends looking strange. This aside, the Demogre looks awesome.

- The shaman concept looks cool too, but I think you could have been more organized with the explanations. Anyway, it is a concept, so that doesn't matter.

Finally, if you want to be a graphic designer for videogames, movies, etc., you should focus on making concept art.

Level 36
For starters, you should add a not-so-much blurry pic of yourself :p

Also, you should add some of your better looking skins to the list, like the barbarian. And I would go for more animal drawings, as you seem to do a good job there.

Level 10
A great thing to do, just for you to get better, is to draw animals/things in crazy weird angles. The more you get used to drawing them, and the better you are at the anatomy, the better they will all look.

Corny as hell: Get some figures, of any kind, of some animals/creatures. Put them on the desk in different angles and draw them. This will seriously help you get your perspective crap better.

You may feel foolish, but that will help you TONS.

Level 10
I'm already doing that! thanks anyway? :D

Some of your perspectives were a little off, that was my advice, :thumbs_up:

You are good at the creatures, I would say continue with those, and go look up a lot of lore.

A LOT of things in games/movies/etc.. are built up from other things. These add a little flair to the more learned.

The word Thrall, means a slave. Hence he saved the orcs from slavery.

Things of that nature, are ALL OVER most games and movies. While they are not really stealing any ideas, it is nice to be able to add those nice touches. Becoming as adept in D&D and the such, just for example, will help you to be a little more creative, adding and subtracting pieces instead of coming up with whole new things all the time.

Hope that helps!

Good luck on the drawings!

Hahaha, don't worry for my creativity, I was already a D&D fan.. I brought the book of Monsters only for the drawings :p, Also, I have some old mythologie books that I look at the picture.

+ I read fantasy related books.

So, I might not know anything about the meaning of all the creatures or their name. But, don't worry for my creativity.

All these creatures I made for Dilogus are from my head. No refferense, no nothing. I mix creatures features in my head + things I saw in movies etc.

For example, The Jawroz is a concept of mine, I merged a Chicken with a horse and the movie I'M A LEGEND.

That's actually not my concept, but I made it mine. It was a guy in the Fusion Soft team that gave me the idea.

''I have thought an animal which is like a black rhino with big teeth and red eyes.''

That's what he told me, so I took his concept and made it mine :D (has seen in the description.)

I based myself on the Lord of ring Nazgul (the dragon they are riding) for the head + I tought some Rock Spire like in Felwood would be nice XD. Sooo yeah..

I like your work, especially the animals, damn sweet. But a big problem is your creatures are layed out on an uneven surface. You should really use a ruler or a light grid to get perspective and placement right or it looks odd.

yeah I know exactly what you are talking about.. and it's killing me.. back than I should have tought of that.

anyway, I won't do that mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.