• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

In Unanimous Vote, Russia Passes Bill Making It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Apart from the fact that the embyro will soon turn human.

And now I'm being mashed at for saying that all living beings are equals.

kindlyhunter.jpg

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Wait wasn't this topic about some country going against homosexuality?
Way I saw it, it was about a dim-out on a massive scale and if that could actually, I guess, breed some kind of societal cohesion. It was only because it was concerning homosexuality that this thread whent to donkey stupid like the flick of a button. I think we even managed to bring up Hitler.

Level 24
Yes because as we know vegetarians are an imaginary creature just like elves and trolls.

I never said it was wrong to eat other living beings however I eat meat since I can not say that it's wrong to eat meat without saying that predators such as eagles, wolves and bears does not deserve to live. And actually as an atheist I believe that there is no universal moral, with that said I still have a personal moral as you've seen.

And yes I brought up Hitler I said that Hitler viewed himself superior to the Jews and viewing yourself as a superior to cats is the exact same thing.

And no I really believe all living things are equals.

Level 23
Because plants aren't living beings. And seeing as I know that Sweden has an excellent education system, that just means you are special.

Hitler loved animals... and it's Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, homosexuals, communists, criminals and cripples. Get it right.

Level 24
Yes plants are living beings and animals and plants co exists in harmony the plants give us oxygen and we give them carbon dioxide so we both can live.

And what Hitler loves animals have to do with this discussion I do not know but ok I guess...

Level 23
Just wanted to show you how you jump from one idea to another.
'Unborn children can be aborted, but I love all living beings and think they have as many rights as humans, however it's okay to kill them in order to eat, because that's what nature is like'
By that logic, unborn children have as many rights as real people, since they are living beings and to top that off, since humans can't naturally abort pregnancies, it shouldn't be done.

Also, nobody in this thread said that anyone doesn't deserve to live. So you just brought in the Hitler argument, which is pretty much the proof that you ran out of ideas how to confirm your views.

Level 24
And yes that's a good example only that humans kill a lot of times just to kill.

Well I feel that this discussion is drawing towards an end, thank you all for taking part in the debate we've seen some really fine arguments from both sides and I've enjoyed this debate a lot thanks for taking part in it.

Level 14
Yes that's what I'm saying cats have the same value as any human
No one said we shouldn't protect animals.

and I'm being mashed at for a lot of things here

It's all in your head, we're not attacking you, we are just argumenting what you say and beliefs.

first it's because I think that homosexuals should have the same rights as any heterosexual person should

Exactly, we are debating that. What? You think everyone can just say anything and leave it like that? If that was true wars were never fought, progress was never achieved.

You argue that it's wrong because they can't have children but what does love have to do with making children? Why do you oppose this are you afraid you'd like same sex intercourse if you gave it a chance.

No one ever said that. If that's what you understood, then again, it's all in your head.

It's not wrong because they can't have children. Is it wrong to love someone who is sterile for example? No. Is it wrong to not have children or never want to have children? No, it's not wrong.

But that's not the reason why people are gay. Again, it is my opinion that people are gay because they can't fit in, and being gay is the easy way out. And I have explained how it's the easy way out. That said I don't think it's the better approach for our society. I explained that why too. As such, I don't think we should promote gay couples, if that means restricting some rights (like marriage), then sure.

Second I get mashed at for thinking that in many situations abortion is a good solution.

But you haven't given one good scenario. And you still talked about it as if it was as casual and my friends and I playing a game over the internet.

And now I'm being mashed at for saying that all living beings are equals.

But we're not all equal. If we are all equal, I would like to have the same kind of food in my store, like the queen of UK has. Aka unaltered food.

I can't wait to see what you'll mash me for next. :D

No one is mashing you and no one cares about mashing you.

And Edhel-dur I brought animals into the discussion because they're still looked upon by many as if they're not as good as humans and that's the exact same thing people think about homosexuals so I thought it good since they're in a small way related topics.

But they are not as good as us, and we aren't as good as them either. Because we are different. I have you know I don't have a tail, or claws, and can't see shit during the night time.

However yes, opposed to what media has popularized, because it's popular with the masses, being gay is a choice in my eyes. Sure, there are some people who are legit gay through genetics, just like people with 3 legs are born once every... but they are too few.

And I'm still waiting for an answer to the following question. If being gay means you are attracted to the same sex, why do gay people dress, act and look like the opposite sex?

Level 23
Edhel-dur, you're confusing homosexuals with transvestites. Crossdressing exists in homosexuality and heterosexuality, so it's more of a fetish.
But I see what you mean by behaviour, acting camp and all. But here's a question, have you ever seen a woman act like a gay guy? Homosexuals have their own model of behaviour and character traits, that are different from both traditional gender roles.

Level 14
I'm not talking heavy stuff like transvestites. I'm talking about having their nail polished, trimming their eye-brows, wearing make-up. Not necessarily dressing as a woman. But a gay guy will do that, and will be attracted to that too.

In terms of women I've met only bisexuals, and they all said "I've experimented, liked it, it's different, but a man is still the cornerstone".

Level 23
Well, as I said some, and I repeat, some gay people have their own model of behavior that includes several feminine traits. However, it is all very dependant on personal preferences. For instance, there is a gay subculture known as 'bears', which are pretty much the opposite of the model of behavior you mentioned.

And why do I know all that stuff in the first place?

Level 24
So Edhel-dur why can't I leave it at that is there anything more to say? You were debating this for quite a few pages before I turned up.

And nobody is mashing me but rather my opinions.

And nobody is saying that same sex intercourse is wrong... hmm what about this:

Promoting gay culture is against nature, too. We all know they were invented in Modern France to decrease the birth rate and push their agenda on us so they can force us to gay-marry them so they have all the power in the world.

Hats off to Mr. Putin!

Edit: Or well I believe Alagremm hate me but the rest of you I don't think so.

Level 14
People like you make me hate Scandinavia. Stop it.

Nuclear, just because someone doesn't share your opinion, that doesn't make him a bigot. You hypocrite.

Hmm let's see...

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, or intolerance on the basis of a person's ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Also I think that's severe misuse of the word "hypocrite", unless of course you can explain why I would be one.

Level 24
Really Nuclear it sounds like you've had a conversation with chicken or how else would you be able to measure intelligence. To start with maybe I should say that there's no set definition of the word intellect.

Level 14
Yes there is.

Intellect is a term used in studies of the human mind, and refers to the ability of the mind to come to correct conclusions about what is true or real, and about how to solve problems.

Are you trolling or something? I'm pretty sure chickens aren't good at problem solving or making conclusions about things.

Level 14
You said you were being mashed (read attacked?) and I was explaining that no one is attacking you, but your opinion in a debatable manner.

And no one said same sex intercourse is inherently wrong, not even that guy you quoted.

I'm not debating this in right or wrong. evil or good. I explained what's it all about from my perspective. It's about promoting a concept which everyone has adopted it just because it's hip, it's cool, it's today, but (imho) it's not healthy. I think it's promoting the belief of a lie, of the easy way out, of avoiding/adapting rather than solving.

Level 24
No I'm not trolling you Nuclear I'm just saying that you are basing this on what you believe and we do not actually know if humans are the most intellectual animal on the planet. To start with it's hard to be the most intellectual animal when we've not agreed on definition of the word intellect.

Level 23
The way I see it, gay marriages becoming universally accepted, just as homosexuality itself is inevitable. That is how advanced societies work, human rights have a larger and larger role and as such, everyone will become equal in every right, no matter what race or sexuality they belong to.
By that I also hope that parenthood disputes will also be dealt with respect for equality and not be solved by just giving the child to the mother. Same for adoption, if a person has a good record and is genuinely willng to spend his time to grow a child, it should not matter whether he is in a relationship or alone.

Anyway, gay marriage shouldn't really worry any conservative people, seeing as homosexuals are 3% of the population at best and the amount of people who will actually want to get married is debatable, especially with marriage becoming less and less popular in our time. So even if it is legalised, it will not have any major influence on the society as a whole.

Level 18
No I'm not trolling you Nuclear I'm just saying that you are basing this on what you believe and we do not actually know if humans are the most intellectual animal on the planet. To start with it's hard to be the most intellectual animal when we've not agreed on definition of the word intellect.

Then why havent elephants built their first car?

MPW-22872

Oh no, its starting!

Level 24
No why would an Elephant need a car if you want them to invent it than they need to have a use for it. For example we cold invent a two story outhouse but we have no use for it so why would we invent it?

Level 14
Anyway, gay marriage shouldn't really worry any conservative people, seeing as homosexuals are 3% of the population at best and the amount of people who will actually want to get married is debatable, especially with marriage becoming less and less popular in our time. So even if it is legalised, it will not have any major influence on the society as a whole.

That's what they said about Christianity. Then the Dark Ages came and later the Inquisition.

Level 18
That's what they said about Christianity. Then the Dark Ages came and later the Inquisition.
Hold on there partner, the dark ages came from the fact that the barbarians destroyed the roman empire thus ending all forms of art and science. As the catholic church grew, it united the european nations by providing them with the first hospitals and universities. The dark ages were not caused by the christians but by the pegans.

Now the inqusition was another thing. Herecy ment you were openly against the pope.Because christianity is anti-violent the pope couldnt do anything against the heretics but the kings realised that if the pope's authority was removed amongs the peasantry, then the king's authority would fall aswell so all the kings whent out to stop herecy because it was treason. The inqusition was super unchristian and it killed a few hundred people but they probably deserved it.

Level 23
Plus, if we go into detail, there are several branches of Christianity. Including the Orthodox Christianity which never took part in Inquisition nor the Crusades.

Such gigantic geopolitical shifts cannot be explained simply by religion.

Level 23
You're talking about Abrahamic religions, I'm talking about branches of Christianity. The three major ones being Catholicism, Protestantism(which itself is divided into hundreds of smaller branches) and Orthodoxy.

So that said, let's close this thread already, it has outlived it's purpose.

Level 14
Even so, that's what they said about Christianity too, and now it's the dominant religion. Though probably it's not comparable unless gay people will raise children with the notion "being gay is the only way to be okay" which I admit, isn't likely.

Level 24
My head hurts from the amount of stupid.

Comes from the man who's sure he can see into the brains of other animals. You did not think about that animals can understand the planet earth better than us they know for example when a volcano eruption is coming or a tornado. They can also navigate with extreme precision for example birds can fly from Africa to Sweden in a matter of days cats that has been lost have turned out too be able to coordinate home over lengths of hundreds of kilometers. Things so basic to cats and birds are concepts we humans can't even begin to understand.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Edhel-Dur said:
(...) My problem with gay couples being legalized and promoted is the following: small children can get really confused and fucked up. (...)
A child at the care of adults is bound to be. Let's just hope it's for the best and not the for worst.

(...)
And yes I brought up Hitler I said that Hitler viewed himself superior to the Jews and viewing yourself as a superior to cats is the exact same thing.
(...)
Yeah, hum ._. but you kinda journeyed through a few taxons.

(...)
Because the children cannot make that decision for themselves. It's not a consensual relationship where both members have decided that they have emotional and sexual feelings for each other, but rather predation.
(...)
Who decides whether or not a child can make a decision for him/herself? Are we implying that adults are superior to children?

Level 23
You did not think about that animals can understand the planet earth better than us they know for example when a volcano eruption is coming or a tornado. They can also navigate with extreme precision for example birds can fly from Africa to Sweden in a matter of days cats that has been lost have turned out too be able to coordinate home over lengths of hundreds of kilometers. Things so basic to cats and birds are concepts we humans can't even begin to understand.

Those aren't concepts. The animals do not comprehend all these things, they are purely intuitive. They are able to do all those things due to their ability to orientate using the magnetic field.

Now what do I recommend? I recommend that you animal fanatics actually take a look at the size of their brains and then judge how 'smart' they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.