• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft VS Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Ok, I've posted a similar thread on this before.

1 When SC2 comes out, will the Hive Workshop A) die because no one plays Warcraft anymore B) struggle on because some people still play Warcraft
C) thrive because Ralle will decide to incorporate SC2 stuff into the site?

2 Is anyone here a Blizzard employee? No, I didn't think so. Oh well......

3 Will Blizzard ever stop milking WoW and make Warcraft Four?

4 What would you like to see in Warcraft four?

5 Do me a favor. If you live in the U.S. write to your congressman/women and tell him/her to try pass a bill requiring Blizzard to make Warcraft Four.

Level 10

1 When SC2 comes out, will the Hive Workshop A) die because no one plays Warcraft anymore B) struggle on because some people still play Warcraft

5 Do me a favor. If you live in the U.S. write to your congressman/women and tell him/her to try pass a bill requiring Blizzard to make Warcraft Four.

1: A-no, B, yes C, yes, ralle rocks. there is already a starcraft2 block in the forum.

2: I have MSN friend who is a script writer for blizzard

3: It depends, its all about money money money money.

4: Warcraft3 X 4

5: Are you serious? because thats the dumbest thing ever posted here on the off topic thread.

Level 45
C. Just becuase the same company makes another game (THATS NORMAL) doesn't mean they are declaring their old games are useless. Old age is what gettin at wc3, not new released games.

No, I dont think it matters but iv met plenty of fakers who say they are. Hellspawn for example.

Milking WoW? If you were in charge of blizzard you too would continue with WoW, its the logical and most beneficial for the company aswell as for many other people. If they wanna make a wc4, then they can, its not like im having vendetta with WoW because I want what I think tis right for ME.

I don't really care honestly, if they do, they would ruin the style, sc2 looks like colorful toys and candy instead of the harsh rugged truths of war, guns and fear in which would be expected in a sci-fi war based RTS game. But thats their choice, but thats my opinion though.

No.

Level 10
They need to make Jass easier, or atlease make a full tutorial, I dont get it! lol

But anyways, werewulf is right, WoW is giving them 8 million X 15 dollars a month(I think its 15) They are making a HELL alot of money, and the number one thing most people fight about is money. Im surprised they made a starcraft2, I guess they used spare money to make it. They might put away money for warcraft 4 one day. But so far they like *milking* peoples money off World of Warcraft. Money is what makes the world spin around, thats why blizzard is sticking to WoW.

Level 25

Probably either C or B

Not to my knowledge. We've had fakers, like the hilerious xxZombiexx. Look him up for a barrel of laughs

Yes, maybe after they give WoW a good runtime and actually, you know, WORRY ABOUT THEIR OTHER FRANCHISES?

A cinimatic in which people saying "lol lore is died!" are killed. By a rampaging Nerubian Spiderlord. In glorious 3D

I'm sorry, I'm too busy in Australia writing to the government to tell them to cut Custom's power so I can get my hands on Masterpiece Megatron

Also, wouldn't work and is silly

Level 27
1.) WoW came out. We thrived.
2.) None I can recall.
3.) Search the forums for the many other threads on this.
4.) Your soul being devoured by many demons for making a thread like this, as you obviously didn't search the forums.
5.) I'm sorry, I need to go and beat the retarded out of my head after reading this.
--donut3.5--

Level 7
5: Are you serious? because thats the dumbest thing ever posted here on the off topic thread.

I think a majority of users who attend the hive would have to agree with me on this when I say; I've seen dumber.

Level 25
I think a majority of users who attend the hive would have to agree with me on this when I say; I've seen dumber.

Ah, but what if I moved the dumber ones to Something Else so therefore this would be the dumbest in Off-Topic at the current time?

However, it is stupid. Mainly because it won't work. Why not go and try an Internet petition while you're at it?

Level 3
It took me 2-3 days to learn JASS, it's very easy once you know a few other script languages. I don't know what the new things they import or whatever is though, but I'm inactive :x

Level 24
xxZombiexx was the guy that said Illidan was dead, right? That thread was hilarious. Most of those questions have been thoroughly addressed in other threads, if the mods would allow, this thread is now about hilarious stupidity.

Level 26
sc2 looks like colorful toys and candy instead of the harsh rugged truths of war, guns and fear in which would be expected in a sci-fi war based RTS game.
Meh. Starcraft was never much as based on the type of war we go through, but more based on supertechnology and the like. If you want the rugged type of army man war, that's cnc's job. Then again, it's still not very rugged...

Level 10
Meh. Starcraft was never much as based on the type of war we go through, but more based on supertechnology and the like. If you want the rugged type of army man war, that's cnc's job. Then again, it's still not very rugged...

I Have played starcraft1 before. To colorful, it is a great stratagy game but to me its to...kidish?

Level 24
warcraft ... starcraft II ... they are completely different game types
Time paradox! They are actually both RTS (real-time strategy) games.

Anyways, I agree that SCII and WCIII will probably be sufficiently different to warrant people still playing WCIII.

Level 24
I believe that would mean be different genre, not different game type. Anyways, some people play RTS's for the RTS part, some play for the story. No way to be actually sure how many go for WCIII over SCII, and vice versa.

Level 11
No, they are COMPLETELY different "Types" of rts's, WC is BASED around micromanagement, heros and spellcasters and the ilk, SC is based around selecting your army, sending it in, moving it, using it, watching it fight in epic 2d action, and maybe micro some ability units. Both pretty fun, but supremely different.

Level 2

Blizzard aren't milking WoW. The Warcraft universe is MASSIVE and I mean massive! World of Warcraft is meant to accomodate the entire universe. WoW cannot be complete without the inclusion of Northrend, Undermine or Pandaria.

and with regards as to whether Warcraft will die, I doubt it. Some people aren't into the whole "space sci-fi fantasy" crandle. Alot of Warhammer players refuse to play 40K because they don't like the concept of it, the same may work with Warcraft. I mean, i do enjoy playing Starcraft and I'm stoked about Starcraft II but I'll never stop playing Warcraft III, ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Yea too true this game is too well made and i personally love warhammer 40k too much to not play it but i uninstalled it i don't know why but i did im probley gonna play it again i think all of these games are balanced and awesome in different ways.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In Warcraft IV I would like to see at least one new race. In my opinion, Blizzard did a good job balancing 4 races. Perhaps it's ok to fit 1 additional faction in.

I would vote for Naga + Blood Elves, but since Kael betrayed Illidan, there is no possibility of this happening.

Besides, Warcraft fits both MMORPG and RTS games so well. At least a new patch for Warcraft III, to replace the boring maps of ladder. And even if Blizzard started working on a Warcraft IV now, they would still take time to finish, but I think it would be worth it, time is killing Wc3.

JASS's structure is easy, the huge amount of functions and how to use them is hard. I would like GUI to be less limited, and fixed, and less buggy and less leaky.

Level 8
Eh...I think there would have to be a new race in WC4. IF there wasn't, then they would have to make some other big change. Like in SC2, they aren't adding any new races, but they're expanding the editor and adding units fo every race.

In WC4 I would like to see an instruction manual for the editor, especially for JASS. I think that that would extend the life of the game by at least five years.....so many more people would make maps.

Level 26
Eh.....I don't think that the Pandas could be a full-fledged race. I mean, weren't the pandas just a joke that you could find in the campaign? But then again, you never know....pandas could be cool
They STARTED as a joke. But pandaren have become a full fledged race.. and besides, they're freaking awesome.

Level 26
Status
Not open for further replies.