• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I use Warcraft 3 resources on other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Maybe this is the post near the end in Hiveworkshop right now. I don't think I had much time to do something better in here, so I may leave this place.
Warcraft III models have some interesting things: They have four rotations: Up, Down, Left and Right. More than that, they had stand animations and spells. I found out I can use it in my project (not Warcraft 3 now :( ). They fitted very well and I may can redraw it into a similar monster.

Like Heroes Might and Magic II, III. I can use the animations of the monsters - soldiers in database and let someone who good at drawing redraw it into a new monster similar than the standard. The two pictures will see that point:
6tmk.png

That is the good point in Warcraft III models. If I use them with these activites:
- Credits Blizzard Entertainment and people who created by themselves.
- Redraw them (not copying).
- No offense while people saw them.
could I USE them?
All Warcraft 3 players can post anything you want. Make sure your answers are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.