• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

There are rules, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
OK... Listen up guys.

1. Why are there existing rules on The hive?
- Because we don't want to have a mess of a site, and we want to stay fair and square all the time.

2. Why are there existing rules anyway?
- Because without them, the economy/other political and serious stuff would break down without them. There wouldn't exist illegal and legal. Simple as that.

3. Then Why don't we obey them?

This is the problem. I don't want to name some users, but they keep making threads about random crap all the time. Please could you at least try to make it look a little serious? Not some unrelated shit to the thread itself written in the title? And I don't "Feed the Trolls", I just want them to finally get to their senses and stop posting stupid titles, and stupid Thread material in the first place.

1. Why do Titles exist in forums/any other sites/real world?
- Because:
1 - For example, if you need help in something, and it's related to modeling, texturing etc., the "advanced" user can see where you need help by just reading the title.
2 - For example, if you made a thread about global warming, and you want to know what other people think about it, you won't get people interested in global warming if you write something like "Thrall spam spam Jaina emo whaa?". You'll get some retarded trollers and Flamers, or you'll get serious people that'll suggest to the moderators to close down your thread. You get negative rep, but still continue spamming with stupid titles.

PLEASE STOP! WE KNOW YOU'RE INTELLIGENT, GREAT and AWESOME.

This thread is supposed to be serious. Please don't spam it with stupid stuff like mentioned before (Trolling, Flaming, etc.). Tell me what do you guys think of this. Please don't argue, just tell your opinions.

For anyone who doesn't know where the rules are, here's a link to them. And you can find them in the upper-left corner, Right to the Tutorials, left to the Forums.

Off-Topic - This forum is reserved for any mumbo jumbo and hocus pocus, nonesense irrotence or your special interests that doesn't suit any other forum. The general site rules still apply however! Keep it clean!

There it says.

~Jaret

Oh, and I forgot to say, I've posted this in Off-topic because it's kind of ontopic, but since these kinds of things occur mostly here, I've posted it here.

Level 6
This should be sticky, Jaret you are right here. There are lots of uselles threads and posts i know one user but i don't want to mention the name (username) if you want something that is not big thing you can ask a moderator or a user. I have searched yesterday some old threads and i was surprised what they were writting that time. :/

Level 6
It's not the mapping he could ask somebody about that question. If i start to searched for "noobish" threads it will going to need me lots of time. ^^'

Level 7
oh, and I forgot to add something:
-DO not even think about writing down jokes that are "Funny". To some it's not funny. It might be good in real life to get friends by telling jokes, but on forums, that is considered an act of spamming off-topic stuff into the thread.

That's good and all, but threads like these never work. The people you're referring to probably won't even read your post, and the few who do will not stop disobeying the rules. :p

Unfortunately, you're right... But we should keep telling 'em to finally stop it.

Oh, and about spamming, Trolling and Flaming, check this Link (Thanks to Takakenji for sharing it with us)

Level 7
If someone needs this sort of thread, it's obvious they won't listen to it regardless

If anything, the rules should be self-explanatory, in most cases when someone breaks them in a case that's not like resource rules it's not due to ignorance.

The problem's that almost no one's reading them. If everyone read them and understood them, then there would be at least 50% less flaming and trolling on the site.

Level 7
Well, then, I officially admit:

Humans are really stupid. I mean really stupid.

You've got a point there. It's the same with real life... A murderer murders other people, he couldn't possibly say to the police that he didn't know it wasn't "allowed"... But some things around the forums could be, indeed, cleaned up by just reading and obeying the rules. Example, making threads about random things like "motivational posters" (This happened a while ago) is illegal, and anyone who posted got a negrep because he posted. Well, "motivational posters" are looked at as "Spamming", so...

Oh, and I withdraw my bet :)

@P4C-M4N: You know, I could just rep you now and remove that neg-rep...but I won't(not because you are banned). Really, you were trying to tick that guy off, and now you're making a big deal in another's forum about how you got neg-repped.

@Jaret: I dunno why you made this thread. I think that rule-breakers actually have a better chance of seeing the real rules page, instead of finding this thread and then finding the link to the real rules page. It would be more useful if you just linked the rules in your sig and posted everywhere... I dunno what to say either, my opinion is that I agree that people should follow the rules, but this thread and I are just stating the obvious.

Level 12
@Jaret: I dunno why you made this thread. I think that rule-breakers actually have a better chance of seeing the real rules page, instead of finding this thread and then finding the link to the real rules page. It would be more useful if you just linked the rules in your sig and posted everywhere... I dunno what to say either, my opinion is that I agree that people should follow the rules, but this thread and I are just stating the obvious.

Very true. Jaret, if you think this thread is actually going to make a difference, you are sorely mistaken.

Level 3
As a matter of fact its these non serious threads that blow some life into forums, saying that creating random topics shouldnt be allowed is the same as prohibiting people from making random comments after they've drunk a few beers :/
Better yet ive made a few non serious threads in the past and got banned for them, now I only stick to posting comments in existent threads with the same sort of style and I get repped for almost every post I make.

So not knowingly people do appreciate such posts after all.

Level 21
I don't mind helping people out, its just I don't like the damn random titles at all that do nothing with the topic we are trying to help them with.

I know its random for the topic they have it in, but still a good topic title will just leave a few heads from being chopped off.

Level 24
I personally believe that the situation would be just the same whatever we removed all rules or added another hundred of them.
What we need to do for starters is make examples of people who break the rules that the majority of us follow. Paladon, for example, is a good example of not making an example of someone who breaks the rules.

Level 7
I totally agree. I cleaned up the thread and gave some punishments here. That's a start :)

You see guys? When the big Chief says it's totally correct, then it is.

Off-Topic : This forum is reserved for any mumbo jumbo and hocus pocus, nonesense irrotence or your special interests that doesn't suit any other forum. The general site rules still apply however! Keep it clean!

Level 7
I still don't understand why the Offtopic forums are being moderated.
Also, believe me, 95% of the users won't listen to you or read the rules.
They're just trying to chill here and want to get away from RL where the rules have to be respected.
People don't care for the rules of a community website.

If Offtopic forums aren't moderated, then it will become a holiday attraction for all kinds of rule-breakers, which will ruin it for those that do obey rules and chat in the OT.

Just like that. I mean, this is no playground, people. I can't honestly imagine what would happen if there were no rules what-so-ever in this and other forums.

Level 26
Offtopic used to actually be semi serious at one time. Now its full of people posting crap and stupid images.
This time coincided with the time we had a "Something Else" subforum. You know why? Because people like posting jokes and stupid shit. It's fun, especially if you're bored. And taking away their spam forum isn't going to stop their spam. It's just going to make them spam in the OT forum.

The problem isn't that no one is reading the rules. Because people follow the rules all the time without reading them, and even if rule-breakers read the rules, they still wouldn't follow them. The problem is that a) No one enforces them and b) More often than not, they're not worth enforcing anyways.

Level 11
Because without them, the economy/other political and serious stuff would break down without them. There wouldn't exist illegal and legal. Simple as that.

Without rules it's impossible to predict exactly what would happen, it entirely depends on the community. In my opinion of all the rules were removed today not that much would change, sure there might be a little bit of pirating around but behavior wise it wouldn't change that much.
Don't assume that without rules everything would go down like all /b/

Level 8
^ huehuehueheuhheuhue

This gives a bit of a bad impression to new users looking for a bit of a lighthearted site. Take a look at that emo thrall guy... you're really wasting your time trying to tell him to "follow the rules". It's really not as annoying as you guys said and you might have gotten a bit too zealous.

"this is a srs site"
yeah man fun is prohibited

I digress. Well-thought out post.

The emothrallwoot guy is trolling, just take a look at his recent post history

Just take a look at this post:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1794638-post28.html

It doesn't matter what your opinion is on evolution/etc, it's quite obvious that's trolling (using senseless "facts" that can easily be countered to start a long and pointless argument).

Because they're a bunch of 13 year old wankers...which Wc3 was made for anyway.

:(

Anyway; I really agree.
Even if they get banned, negrepped, and tortured and stuff; they will just make another account to continue destroying the community.

It's just sad. They don't want to help the Hive grow and have a better community? It's like they're brainless assfaces. They don't think if the post may hurt a user; or provide more useless crap on the Hive. It's just annoying; about 1/4 of the users here on the Hive are trolls and/or spammers. So many of them are so inconsiderate, it's really annoying. I would throw a piece of road like a Tank (Left 4 Dead) at them if I had to just to stop their endless reign of dumbass trolling.

I would do anything to keep the Hive an inviting community for potentially awesome users looking at the site. Trolls and spammers are not helping the site. I will admit; I really love the Hive. At first, when I entered the Hive, I didn't think I was going to be active. But after meeting a few friendly users; I had a lot of fun and I was encouraged to be active.

I want it to be like that for every user that joins the Hive. Don't let the spammers and trolls discourage you.

Thanks for reading; I've swore a lot more than I should have in my post. But I hope you guys still got my point.

Last edited:
Level 30
Am I the only one who's offended by this thread?
Seriously, first of all, who are you to judge us? You're not a moderator or admin. What's with the attitude?
Secondly, who are you calling a retarded "troller" or flamer? You didn't say any names. Do you think I'm a retarded troller or flamer? I bet you do. I bet you made this thread just to call me a troll and a flamer because you don't like me. I'm okay with being hated but if you're going to express your hatred, please do it using a more private channel. Adress the people that get on your nerves and ask them to stop politely, instead of ranting about their issues publicly.
I also can't believe you actually feel this way so you're either a troll, a person with a need of attention or a person who just wants to get promoted. I'm not really fond of either those 3 kinds of people. Besides, I really don't see what the purpose of this thread is. Everybody knows there are rules so why say it again? You do realize there is a sticky thread in OT called "rules - read before posting". You do realize you broke that very rule yourself? You clearly didn't read that thread so you didn't know it existed and you decided to make your own version of the thread. Not only does this thread make you seem a tad arrogant, it also makes you look like a bit of a crybaby, no offence. I think posting this thread was pointless except if you were trolling and getting your thrills out of the drama.

Level 7
Am I the only one who's offended by this thread?
Seriously, first of all, who are you to judge us? You're not a moderator or admin. What's with the attitude?
Secondly, who are you calling a retarded "troller" or flamer? You didn't say any names. Do you think I'm a retarded troller or flamer? I bet you do. I bet you made this thread just to call me a troll and a flamer because you don't like me. I'm okay with being hated but if you're going to express your hatred, please do it using a more private channel. Adress the people that get on your nerves and ask them to stop politely, instead of ranting about their issues publicly.
I also can't believe you actually feel this way so you're either a troll, a person with a need of attention or a person who just wants to get promoted. I'm not really fond of either those 3 kinds of people. Besides, I really don't see what the purpose of this thread is. Everybody knows there are rules so why say it again? You do realize there is a sticky thread in OT called "rules - read before posting". You do realize you broke that very rule yourself? You clearly didn't read that thread so you didn't know it existed and you decided to make your own version of the thread. Not only does this thread make you seem a tad arrogant, it also makes you look like a bit of a crybaby, no offence. I think posting this thread was pointless except if you were trolling and getting your thrills out of the drama.

...I suppose you're talking to me. Ok, I never said anything about you in this thread. Yes, I admit, I actually said I hate what you do around a lot of threads (NOT ON THIS THREAD NOR ANY OTHER, BUT PRIVATELY), and yes, I once said I hated you (NOT ON THIS THREAD NOR ANY OTHER, BUT PRIVATELY). Hating anyone isn't a crime nor is it against the rules, but I didn't make this thread about you at all. I actually don't hate you anymore.

I didn't want to give names, because someone would have bitched about it and well started another flame war. I just want to have a clean read throughout a thread, with no "Oh mah Gawd dat iz a fuken huje Rezaeta taruh..." posts, and no arguing, that'll result in harsh results for both sides.

...I've actually read that thread before making this one, and nowhere was it said that I couldn't make a new thread about that issue. It's not my fault that a lot of users don't obey the rules.

Looks like you want to start a flame war right now by making that post, but I'll not continue like that. I'll ignore every post made by you in the future, and I'm not a crybaby nor a attention-whore, so don't ever again say something like that. Keep your thoughts about me to yourself, like I did.

Level 15
...I suppose you're talking to me. Ok, I never said anything about you in this thread. Yes, I admit, I actually said I hate what you do around a lot of threads (NOT ON THIS THREAD NOR ANY OTHER, BUT PRIVATELY), and yes, I once said I hated you (NOT ON THIS THREAD NOR ANY OTHER, BUT PRIVATELY). Hating anyone isn't a crime nor is it against the rules, but I didn't make this thread about you at all. I actually don't hate you anymore.

I didn't want to give names, because someone would have bitched about it and well started another flame war. I just want to have a clean read throughout a thread, with no "Oh mah Gawd dat iz a fuken huje Rezaeta taruh..." posts, and no arguing, that'll result in harsh results for both sides.
you should think about your ideas a bit more clearly next time. I don't think anyone would gaf about the names, more or less the fact that you think you know what's right/wrong.

...I've actually read that thread before making this one, and nowhere was it said that I couldn't make a new thread about that issue. It's not my fault that a lot of users don't obey the rules.
l2not backseatmod

Looks like you want to start a flame war right now by making that post, but I'll not continue like that. I'll ignore every post made by you in the future, and I'm not a crybaby nor a attention-whore, so don't ever again say something like that. Keep your thoughts about me to yourself, like I did.
It's painfully obvious that you don't like him. This thread is just a bad excuse for you to bash on anyone that pisses you off. By making this thread you can simply say to anyone who responds "and that's exactly what I'm talking about." Whereas anyone who responds could say it, but then you'd just deny it because you're obviously the best regular member on the Hive for thinking of this.

Honestly, tell me what's the point of this thread? Do you just want to brag about how you follow the rules and no one else does? If you have a serious, legitimate issue then post it in the Admin contact. Otherwise this is just a nonsense thread.

Member: "Omfg, people break rules!"
Pyritie: "Not on my watch! NEG-REP FTW!"
Rule Breaker: "Not like I had any rep to start with"

edit: Quit trying to be a site admin, you'll never be one.

Level 8
they will just make another account to continue destroying the community.

It's just sad. They don't want to help the Hive grow and have a better community?

Welcome to the interwebs.
We got fun and games. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Cause you know, growth of an internet community is my #1 priority in life, especially when it never affected me before I knew about it.

Level 7

you should think about your ideas a bit more clearly next time. I don't think anyone would gaf about the names, more or less the fact that you think you know what's right/wrong.

l2not backseatmod

It's painfully obvious that you don't like him. This thread is just a bad excuse for you to bash on anyone that pisses you off. By making this thread you can simply say to anyone who responds "and that's exactly what I'm talking about." Whereas anyone who responds could say it, but then you'd just deny it because you're obviously the best regular member on the Hive for thinking of this.

Honestly, tell me what's the point of this thread? Do you just want to brag about how you follow the rules and no one else does? If you have a serious, legitimate issue then post it in the Admin contact. Otherwise this is just a nonsense thread.

Member: "Omfg, people break rules!"
Pyritie: "Not on my watch! NEG-REP FTW!"
Rule Breaker: "Not like I had any rep to start with"

edit: Quit trying to be a site admin, you'll never be one.

I'll never be one, nor was I planning on. The whole point of this thread was it that people get aware of it, many not even knowing what's going on.

Do not put emotions and words into my mouth and heart, 'cause, if I like him or hate him, that's my own problem. Not yours. Not Ralle's. Not Pyritie's. Not anyones.

I don't honestly care about it. I don't want to discuss with him like 10 times since I joined in here (honestly, there's like that much). I want to stop. I'll try and avoid discussion, and now I'll try and avoid discussing with him.

Honestly, in my opinion, he's one of the cleverest and strongest man around the Hive. I respect him, I honestly do. That's another reason why I don't want to argue with him. I used to be a noob, but not anymore. And do i really need to justify to you for something that doesn't relate to you in anyway whatsoever?

I really want to apologize to Devine, so... I was in a bad mood anyway when I made that post.

Level 15
I'll never be one, nor was I planning on. The whole point of this thread was it that people get aware of it, many not even knowing what's going on.

Do not put emotions and words into my mouth and heart, 'cause, if I like him or hate him, that's my own problem. Not yours. Not Ralle's. Not Pyritie's. Not anyones.

I don't honestly care about it. I don't want to discuss with him like 10 times since I joined in here (honestly, there's like that much). I want to stop. I'll try and avoid discussion, and now I'll try and avoid discussing with him.

Honestly, in my opinion, he's one of the cleverest and strongest man around the Hive. I respect him, I honestly do. That's another reason why I don't want to argue with him. I used to be a noob, but not anymore. And do i really need to justify to you for something that doesn't relate to you in anyway whatsoever?

I really want to apologize to Devine, so... I was in a bad mood anyway when I made that post.

I spent maybe 1/5 of that post criticizing your situation with Devine. I spent the rest of it criticizing you as an individual and this thread, you should respond to that instead.

Hey, so I was right;

Devine has a point. I've been seeing alot of these kind of threads, where users like to lay down the rules or show authority. I saw a post from Mr. Bob that was about 'viva la revolution' threads, and this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.