• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bill Gates has lost his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Give me a moment to recuperate. This is simply the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Okay.

633694268329672764.jpg

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates unleashes his horde of Mosquitoes at TED conference.

Microsoft chairman Bill Gates unleashed a swarm of mosquitoes on unsuspecting attendees at the TED 2009 conference...If there's one thing Microsoft rules at, it's got to be the releasing of bugs (sorry, had to be done). According to Valleywag:

"Ending malaria is a particular passion of Gates's, whose Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has spent millions fighting the disease. But he apparently didn't feel like TED attendees were taking the threat seriously. 'Not only poor people should experience this,' Gates said as he let the bugs loose on his audience, according toFacebook manager Dave Morin. (eBay founder Pierre Omidyar and Twitter CEO Ev Williams confirm the report.)"

Ethan Zuckerman reported that Gates' full line was, "I brought some mosquitoes -- we’ll let them roam around the auditorium. There’s no reason only the poor should experience this."

This is awesome and crazy at the same time. Hopefully, Gates doesn't develop a large concern for rabies. I'd hate to be in an audience as he unleashes a pack of rabid dogs into the crowd.

What do you think of Gates' stunt? Was it a harsh slap of reality? Or was it just a crazy, powerful, and rich nerd making a point in an overzealous way?

Source of article.

Huge. Massive. Irony.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So? Be lucky they were not midges, nor were they carrying deseases.

Basically, this was probably a stunt for the latest anti malaria method of shortening the life of the insects via genetic engineering so that the virus never reaches harmful levels within them.

Go for a walk at knight on the main land or in scotland, and then you will know what being bitten is about. Obviously rich people do not do that, thus he brought them to the convetion.

Level 3
I have a problem using appropriate language, and thus this message has been edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.