• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immolation with trigger effects: Stoping it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I got "immolation" on a person, the same old, you know. But I didnt want players to be let down, so I added special effects with triggers.

• Event: A unit begins casting an ability
  • C: Ability being cast equal to Wrath of Zeus
  • Action: Special effect: Create special effect at overhead of triggering unit X
  • Action: Special effect: Create special effect at Origin of triggering unit: Y
  • Wait 1sec
  • Action: Special effect: Create special effect at overhead of triggering unit X
  • Wait 1sec
This works fine, but I want it to stop if my caster stops casting Immolation. If a person activates and then de-activates immolation the effect would still go on, and that is making this spell a pain >.<

Edit:
I would also like a small bounty system. If a hero dies, the hole opposite force will get 100 gold. So if a hero from force X kills a hero from Force Y, I would like the hole X force to get 100 gold.

Level 6
well, the best idea i can think of is this:

• WrathOfZeus Attach
    • Events
      • Event - A unit begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Wrath of Zeus
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create special effect at the overhead of (Triggering unit) X
      • Wait until (((Triggering unit) has buff Immolation (Caster)) Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

and you could do the same for the triggering unit Y if you want it to be MUI (can be cast by any unit from any player at the same time without bugging)

for the bounty system use this simple trigger:

• Bounty System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempPlayerGroup = (All allies of (Owner of (Killing unit)))
      • Player Group - Pick every player in TempPlayerGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Add 100 to (Picked player) Current gold
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_TempPlayerGroup)
use that custom script and variable so your map doesnt has leaks (if you dont know what leaks are, they are some issues on the triggers that start to leak memory, and starts to make the map to lag progressively (the more quantity of leaks you have, it will be faster to get laggy, until theres a moment in wich the gameplay is impossible, you get like 2fps) read this thread for info on wich triggers leak and how to prevent it http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35124 )

Level 6
I keep getting bugs on my map, like everywhere. 1 that is annoying me big time: is my blizzard that has 1 powerfull wave, unlimited range, its like a mortar thingy, anyways, i cast it: it does accectly what it should do, kill those below 200hp (it does 200 damage) and leave's behind those with 220 health with 20 health. okey, all good so far, lets cast it again shall we? nothing happens, units get hit, they wander 2 inches like they usually do, but no damage. Any Clue what is causing this bug?

Level 29
hm, could you map those by any chance? I just cant find the correct triggers, yours seem so much longer then I can set mine. Sorry for being stupid

Do try, im sure you can find it alone.

I keep getting bugs on my map, like everywhere. 1 that is annoying me big time: is my blizzard that has 1 powerfull wave, unlimited range, its like a mortar thingy, anyways, i cast it: it does accectly what it should do, kill those below 200hp (it does 200 damage) and leave's behind those with 220 health with 20 health. okey, all good so far, lets cast it again shall we? nothing happens, units get hit, they wander 2 inches like they usually do, but no damage. Any Clue what is causing this bug?

Give the trigger.

Level 6
hm, could you map those by any chance? I just cant find the correct triggers, yours seem so much longer then I can set mine. Sorry for being stupid

sure i could, anything you need, i'll try to help (have in mind that im also with my own mapping so maybe sometimes i will not be able to help you as fast as i would want to)

Level 5
Did you mess with the damage per second and duration fields of the blizzard ability?

I don't know much about the weirdness that is the Blizzard Object Editor, but messing with those fields could cause something like this, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.