• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm gonna play ME2 before ALL OF YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
That's right! For those of you who know a thing or to about my interests, you'll know how it's possible. I might even decide to put a video of it up on youtube just to prove it- that is, whenever it's finished. Thirteen gigabytes is A LOT to download, after all.

[Discuss Mass Effect 2]

Last edited:
Level 15
[Excuse to create bragging thread and make it seem like it isn't spam]
Wow! You're good. But not good enough, for my first intention was to begin a Mass Effect 2 discussion, but then I decided that bragging about my "privilege" to play the game a couple of days before release was the best possible way to begin the discussion.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

To be honest, I couldn't care less. I never buy a game on release date anyway, why would I try to get it before that? I can't see the fun in playing a game barely anyone else has access to yet.

Level 13
This topic reminded me that I should play throught ME 1 again to get a level 60 character ready for ME 2. I know levels do not transfer but Bioware said that there would be something special if you reached 60.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

This topic reminded me that I should play throught ME 1 again to get a level 60 character ready for ME 2. I know levels do not transfer but Bioware said that there would be something special if you reached 60.

Level 60?! Christ I thought maximum would be like 30.. I think I finished at level 27 or something..

Level 13
Level 60?! Christ I thought maximum would be like 30.. I think I finished at level 27 or something..
Max for first playthrought is 50 and after that you can gain 60 on the second (60 also unlocks for all new games after finishing the game once). It's quite easy to reach 50 if you just do the side missions.

Level 15
Protip: in the console, type givexp 1000000. Insta-high level. REALLY useful for making my speedrun for my perfect Mass Effect 2 import.

EDIT: Video is up.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well I'm just curious about the purpose of having so many levels, as you'd only get more hit points.. I mean, when a level 27 can finish the last boss of, why bother getting level 60? I can't remember what difficulty I played on, probably medium or something like that, so perhaps you'd need a few more levels in hard, but it's still not necessary to be level 60.. I did a lot of the side-quests too, I actually don't think it was anything left when I went through the traverse or whatever it was.. I practically visited every planet possible, surveyed those with that option, but on the last mission I had bad luck (or good, depending on how you look at it) and hit the correct planet right away.

Level 15
The reason for wanting a level-60 character is because they are given a head start, with a large stockpile of extra credits and resources. It's not necessary to do all the heavy lifting, because as I said: cheats. They work perfectly fine as imports.

Level 7
The reason for wanting a level-60 character is because they are given a head start, with a large stockpile of extra credits and resources. It's not necessary to do all the heavy lifting, because as I said: cheats. They work perfectly fine as imports.
Your "heavy lifting" is the majority of the game. I don't see the point of getting a game just to type a line in and skip most of it. Even if you do transfer your save file from Mass Effect 1, you still start out at level 1 with basic equipment. The only effect of transferring a file is that all your decisions from the first game get carried over.

So have fun on easy mode. But as always: I could not care less.

Level 15
Your "heavy lifting" is the majority of the game. I don't see the point of getting a game just to type a line in and skip most of it. Even if you do transfer your save file from Mass Effect 1, you still start out at level 1 with basic equipment. The only effect of transferring a file is that all your decisions from the first game get carried over.
That's the point. I beat Mass Effect already- twice, actually. But my save files were lost when I reloaded my computer, and, as such, I need to make myself new ones. But seeing as I played through the game twice already, there's no need to take everything in.

Status
Not open for further replies.