• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm starting to review games, and I want to know if I did a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys! Tis' Nerzhul here. Out of boredom, I decided to get myself fraps and start making my own youtube videos. So... what did I decide to do? I decide to review the [free] FPSes people talk about and people should talk about. I know most of them are crap, but a few stand out, like Huxley, for example.

My first review was of a Counterstrike clone. Now I know what you're thinking... Counterstrike clones are crap. And you're right! But the one I've found stands out from the pack, particularly because the english is better, and the gameplay really does resemble Counterstrike (1.6/Condition Zero, not Source), albeit with slightly worse graphics. The weapons (and their sound effects), the models, the crosshair, the nade' physics... all of them resemble Counterstrike in some way. Anyways... I want to know if I did a good job and so I'm going to share my video with you here, if I can get the "youtube" tag working... And I can't. Here's a link to the video.

By the way, if you want me to review a free shooter you know about, let me know in this thread.

Edit: Oh, and I did the entire review without using a script.

Level 34
Try using a script.
You used "Umm" far too much, and there are moments that you pause for quite a while.

Proof read your written review out loud. Then make your fraps review, and proof listen (is that a real phrase?) your work. Then release for comments.

Also, you plan on making more than one, so get a list of things to go over for each one.

Level 15
Use script (said before and now it's said again). Would definitely make your reviews sound more professional and less awkward.
Most of my reviews use a script, you know. Doesn't really matter right now, however, as I refuse to do another review until Huxley: the Dystopia comes out. Oh, and incase you ask me "why?", allow me to answer you now: I've made 40+ reviews. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.