• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Gaias would have a sixth base class ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
But still......i don't think that Zwiebelchen wanna make any more new classes other than this, i thank god that he even decided to continue this more, but man... Its like talking about starcraft in a warcraft thread, they are related to each other, but thats it. If no one pays attention to important stuff like what class he wanna make, then every random class ideas will be posted here. The previous one even had items in it, i don't remember if he asked for it anywhere. The ideas are good indeed, but not for here.

And btw, what's wrong with my words, hell is not that bad, if we compare it to f**k and that kind of stuff.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
But still......i don't think that Zwiebelchen wanna make any more new classes other than this, i thank god that he even decided to continue this more, but man... Its like talking about starcraft in a warcraft thread, they are related to each other, but thats it. If no one pays attention to important stuff like what class he wanna make, then every random class ideas will be posted here. The previous one even had items in it, i don't remember if he asked for it anywhere. The ideas are good indeed, but not for here.

And btw, what's wrong with my words, hell is not that bad, if we compare it to f**k and that kind of stuff.
I'd suggest we should calm down a bit. When I opened this threat, I did it just to grab some ideas and stuff. It's not that much of a problem that people propose ideas here that don't fit the 'requirements', if you want to call it like that. I never said I will follow certain ideas totally, I will always make my personal adjustments to them.
In the end I am the one who is making the final decision on everything I implement to the map, so you don't need to fear that I will add something to the map that I wouldn't feel appropriate. It doesn't harm to post ideas, really, even if they are unlikely to get implemented.

Level 8
I dont compare ur words just didn't liked ure tone.

Actually i'm glad that Teh.Felow found some extra space and ofcourse to entire team for moderating such marvelous game.

Treads like this will alvays bring fans who want their own dream heros to take a place in gaia regardless of what some1 typed in it.
They just see topic name and want to say what is lies in their minds.
Can't fight with 8-14 years old guys about it ;)

Level 6
Dragoon

{Insert cool picture here....}

- The basic melee and AoE class
- Can evolve into Hierophant and Geomancer
Skills: (8)
Weapons: Lances/Polearms (Nothing special to the animation, just the weapon he uses)
Armor Class: Mail
Misc: Escutcheon (Big, heraldic/pretty shields, such as Targes and Rondaches. I only make this different from the original 'Shield' so every class has their own unique Misc category.)

The point of this class is to be a melee, front-line character, that has abilities and spells centered on themselves (i.e. you hit the hotkey, and it begins channeling or casting, as you are the target). They draw aggro by being the only character to have actually dealt real damage to these other targets, and leave the true tanking (taunting and such) to Squires. Likewise, they will do more damage than a Squire ever will, as they are more meant to be geared towards the damage. However, they are not meant to be a damage character to the extent of, say, a Magician or Rogue.

The interesting point about this character is that he isn't simply a standard Strength/Constitution hero. His spell damages will be based on Strength, yes, but he will need Wisdom to have Mana to cast those spells, so he will be splitting Constitution and Wisdom to some extent, meaning he will not be the primary tanker (sure, a better tanker than a caster or so, but he is definitely unique to the squire).

If the name sounds too "Advanced", you can call him a Lancer, too.

(Spell names are just stuff I picked off the top of my head. Don't judge too harshly based on something completely changeable)

Dragon's Fury - ~300 AoE Fire blast (extra threat, +dmg)
Gaia's Fury - ~200 AoE Earth blast (slows attack/move speed of nearby targets momentarily, +dmg)
Sky's Fury - ~400 AoE Thunder strike (dmg)
Arctic Fury - ~200 AoE Ice/Frost Nova (momentary stun, +dmg)
Dragonblood - No AoE. Channels on self, up to 10s, with armor increasing by +1 every second. Once stops, heals self for some multiplier based on Strength and the duration (like, 1/10 of Strength for every second channeled) and the bonus armor lasts for 10s. Creates threat during the channeling, increasing over time (might be hard to code, but I know spells can adjust armor per second, such as from DotA, and this is his quasi-tank skill).
Dragon Aura - ~400 AoE on allies, raises own armor and allies' armor for a short period, some multiplier based on Str (if too strong, can give allies half the effect or duration while you get full, yourself). Lasts 6s or 10s or some such.
Skill 7 -
Skill 8 -

(Sorry I didn't come up with 8 skills off the top of my head, but the idea is the important part)

Upgrades to...

Hierophant

- Advanced melee class
- Based on self-afflicting boosts to increase tanking and damage output
Skills: (Do any advanced classes have more than 1?)
Weapons: Emblems (Basically big flags and such)
Misc: (Not sure if the Advanced classes ever use different Misc from their original class, or different weapons tbh. If they have to use same Weapon and different Misc, put Emblems here. If it's diff Weapon and same Misc, keep the big shields. If it's diff both, make it Lanturns or some such)

Moving to a more religious-based zealotry, skills such as:

God's Wrath - Return-damage aura (Thorns?), can either make it passive and all-the-time, or make it cast and lasting for a duration, with higher output.
Heaven's Blessing - Self cast, +100% damage (or +100% + some multiplier of Strength) for a duration.

And

Geomancer

- Advanced ranged class (Ideally, I'd like to see him with 300 or 350 range, but if melee classes can't turn into ranged heroes, melee would suffice).
- Based on earth/terrain-based spells, moreso a short-ranged caster.
Weapons: Rods (Same deal with the weapon/misc bit as before)
Misc:

Terrain and Earth based skills. I don't know if you'd consider going through the effort to code it (it can be done, I've seen it in Uther's party), but perhaps a spell (Geomagic, Earth magic, etc.) whose effects vary based on the terrain you're standing on (Example: Grass = low damage + slow attack/move-speed, cave/dungeon = just damage, water = low damage + stun, path/rocks = damage + knockback, beach = damage + 'net' or stuns movement but not abilities/attacks, etc.)

If not, or if this would be too complicated, another suggestion:

Geomagic - Random effect on the target, be it damage (30%), a stun (15%), a knock-back (20%), a slow (25%), or a combination of all of them(10%).

Just an idea. The concept is the important bit.

Level 4
Dragoon

Weapons: Lances/Polearms (Nothing special to the animation, just the weapon he uses)
Misc: Escutcheon (Big, heraldic/pretty shields, such as Targes and Rondaches. I only make this different from the original 'Shield' so every class has their own unique Misc category.)

The point of this class is to be a melee, front-line character, that has abilities and spells centered on themselves (i.e. you hit the hotkey, and it begins channeling or casting, as you are the target). They draw aggro by being the only character to have actually dealt real damage to these other targets, and leave the true tanking (taunting and such) to Squires. Likewise, they will do more damage than a Squire ever will, as they are more meant to be geared towards the damage. However, they are not meant to be a damage character to the extent of, say, a Magician or Rogue.

The interesting point about this character is that he isn't simply a standard Strength/Constitution hero. His spell damages will be based on Strength, yes, but he will need Wisdom to have Mana to cast those spells, so he will be splitting Constitution and Wisdom to some extent, meaning he will not be the primary tanker (sure, a better tanker than a caster or so, but he is definitely unique to the squire).

(Spell names are just stuff I picked off the top of my head. Don't judge too harshly based on something completely changeable)

Gaia's Fury - ~200 AoE Earth blast (slows attack/move speed of nearby targets momentarily, +dmg)
Dragonblood - No AoE. Channels on self, up to 10s, with armor increasing by +1 every second. Once stops, heals self for some multiplier based on Strength and the duration (like, 1/10 of Strength for every second channeled) and the bonus armor lasts for 10s. Creates threat during the channeling, increasing over time (might be hard to code, but I know spells can adjust armor per second, such as from DotA, and this is his quasi-tank skill).
Dragon Aura - ~400 AoE on allies, raises own armor and allies' armor for a short period, some multiplier based on Str (if too strong, can give allies half the effect or duration while you get full, yourself). Lasts 6s or 10s or some such.
Skill 7 -
Skill 8 -

(Sorry I didn't come up with 8 skills off the top of my head, but the idea is the important part)

Upgrades to...

Hierophant

- Advanced melee class
Misc: (Not sure if the Advanced classes ever use different Misc from their original class, or different weapons tbh. If they have to use same Weapon and different Misc, put Emblems here. If it's diff Weapon and same Misc, keep the big shields. If it's diff both, make it Lanturns or some such)

God's Wrath - Return-damage aura (Thorns?), can either make it passive and all-the-time, or make it cast and lasting for a duration, with higher output.
Heaven's Blessing - Self cast, +100% damage (or +100% + some multiplier of Strength) for a duration.

And

Geomancer

- Advanced ranged class (Ideally, I'd like to see him with 300 or 350 range, but if melee classes can't turn into ranged heroes, melee would suffice).
Misc:

Terrain and Earth based skills. I don't know if you'd consider going through the effort to code it (it can be done, I've seen it in Uther's party), but perhaps a spell (Geomagic, Earth magic, etc.) whose effects vary based on the terrain you're standing on (Example: Grass = low damage + slow attack/move-speed, cave/dungeon = just damage, water = low damage + stun, path/rocks = damage + knockback, beach = damage + 'net' or stuns movement but not abilities/attacks, etc.)

Geomagic - Random effect on the target, be it damage (30%), a stun (15%), a knock-back (20%), a slow (25%), or a combination of all of them(10%).

This idea sound great.. but if u think again.. a group of this classes running D3.. with aoe power.. and 1 bishop... let see what happened...

Level 6
This idea sound great.. but if u think again.. a group of this classes running D3.. with aoe power.. and 1 bishop... let see what happened...

The AoE damage is considerably less than that of, say, a Magician or Rogue's non-AoE damage.

It'd be slow, I imagine. I haven't been into D3 yet.

Level 5
Rifleman/Musketeer: Agility ranged class, uses rifles, leather armor and the misc items could be loaders or a special type of ammo. Branches into DarkGunner or Gunslinger. If you don't know why would starters pick ranger if this classe get implemented, its simple: THE RIFLEMAN DON'T HAVE A PET to tank for him and can't be a healer. the rifles would need to be sold or maybe made with recipes and rifles should give a miss chance, like 30% or 20%, because old rifles were hard to aim. The model can be that dwarven rifleman or a model of a humam rifleman if anyone make it. His skills:
Starting skills->
LuckyShot= Deals attack power * 1.5 damage, Has a caster lvl * 2% chance to deal a attack power * 3 damage.
StunningShot= Deals attackpower * 1.5 damage, has a 0.5 sec ministun and gives 50% chance to miss for 3 sec.

1st skill vendor(250g)->
Experience(passive)= Reduces chances to miss while using rifles for caster lvl * 1%.
WideShot/SplitShot= Deals attackpower * 1.5 to the target, enemies in a 100 radius take attackpower * 1 damage.
FirstAid= Self heals by caster lvl * 3. CD: 30 seconds.

2nd skill vendor(1000g)->
Explosive Trap= Sets up a trap that explodes dealing attackpower * 2 to arround enemies upon activation. Lasts 60 seconds. CD: 25sec.

Dropable(in d1 and d2) skills->
HeadShot= Deals attackpower * 3.5 to the target and stuns for 1 second. (this skill is the equivalent of the removed rage skills)
SpeedBooster= Gives 100% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds. CD: 12 seconds. (has no mana cost)

Gunslinger skils:
1st skill(5000g)->
Grenade Throw= Deals attackpower * 2 damage to enemies on the AoE and causes Wounded Leg(reduces move speed by 20% lasts 5 seconds). (the targeting is like sven storm bolt, must target someone but its an AoE spell)

ToBeDecidedHowToGetSkills->
SkilledHands= Every 6 seconds attack twice. (works like weaver geminate attack)
PoisonGasBomb Throw= Gives 15% chance to miss, slow by 15% and reduces armor by caster lvl * 0.1 to the enemies on the AoE.
OverPower/Heating Up= Every sucessful hit increases your damage by 1(only on that target). There is no cap, bonus attack lasts 5 seconds, if you change your target counter gets reseted, if you miss an attack counter gets reseted.

ShadowGunner skills:
1st skill(5000g)->
ShadowShot= Deals attackpower * 2 damage and causes Fear(gives 20% chance to miss and reduces movement speed by 25%, lasts 5 seconds).

ToBeDecidedHowToGetSkills->
In The Shadows= Increase HP regeneration by caster lvl * 0.15/sec, works only at night.
ShadowGuard= Reduces 50% of any damage taken at cost of 40% of your damage and increases dark resistance by 55%.
Shadow Illusion= Summon an illusion that can't be controled (like pets and skelletons), that takes 200% damage and deals 40% of your damage.

My improved suggestion, the numbers are just to give a general idea, any number or so can changed, and as Zwiebelchen said he is the one that will chose and set skills numbers and so for the 6th class.

Level 8
xD

Ho about Chuck Norris?
uses all armor type,
all weapons and all miscs.

spell 1: scare face, couses creeps to loose 50% hp.
spell 2: kick, instantly kills creep, takes 2 kicks for boss.
????

Upgrade: Texas Guardian
= hero looses hes abilitys and gets 1k hp and extremaly huge pull range.
upgrade2: Pro Chuck Norris
ability = Hero can't die

Level 6
So, nothing new here?

Given that the new patch is being made (albeit, slowly, as making these things takes an extraordinary degree of patience and motivation), you'd think more ideas and/or feedback would be plentiful.

Level 4
Future Classes Opinions

Sorry for the late thread or reform to post, here's my latest opinion and ideas idk if you guy like it or not.... so..... *Bump* and btw... i know.. i've posted this a long time ago.. but this one have a reasons.

Also.. again... is there 3rd classes? or? no? maybe? xD *Just wondering.. [I do wish to help the creators.. but.. im just a merely players who have no intelligents in programming.. or anything..]

Btw... do you acquired or required an artist?? i'm good at drawing! Surely there's something that i can offers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes
[Apprentice] -> [Alchemist] or [Geomancer]

Info - [Apprentice]: A class who support their allies from medium size range with a power disables against one to one enemies or huge group of aoe.

Armor types: [Leather]
Weapon types: [Wand]
Accessory types: [Gem]

Reason: Its felt so weird.. just about almost any classes that dont have a strong disables again agroo-mobs or massives.
Info - [Alchemist]: A powerful chemistry professor who wield the power of knowledges and science to fight against enemy.

Armor types: [Leather]
Weapon types: [Flask]
Accessory types: [Bag]

Reason: This surely will help out the teams running on any dungeons better or maybe not worst? But in my suggestion, fighting against lady its pretty hard, required a pros team or hard-thinker tanker. [Sorry if im offensing to all the tanker around here]
Info - [Geomancer]: A strongest fighter who wield a power maces to fight against enemy who has a strong armor, can be objective to be a [Breaker].

Armor types: [Mail]
Weapon types: [Heavy 2h Mace]
Accessory types: [Shoulder]

Reason: I've already know [Beszerk] is the most strongest tank class with dps, but in my opinion.... why not an armor break dps user?? like decreasing defence, and given a huge opportunities for the team to fight against the boss.

Level 5
"Reason: I've already know [Beszerk] is the most strongest tank class with dps, but in my opinion.... why not an armor break dps user?? like decreasing defence, and given a huge opportunities for the team to fight against the boss."

If I recall correct Thief have Embrittling Acid, which decreases armor quite a lot. Also, the Armor Penetration is quite high nowadays, so, armor reduction on the creeps are pretty low.

Level 3
Some nice ideas in this thread!

My idea would be a Zombie who is using an undead combat move and nasty undead magic.

Later he can split into a
- Vampir, which is more focused on combat (strength, AP) and draining life from enemies, or into a
- undead ice warrior which is focused on supporting the team (intelligence, SP) by slowing enemies, refreshing their mana and a stronger summon support.

Since Vampir's are strong at night and weak at the day and wc3 has a day and night system there can be some skills which are weak at day and strong at night.

Zombie
Main Attribute: Strength
- Unholy strike: Strikes the enemy with undead force, deals xy*AP dmg and restores xy*SP to his life
- Undead Call: Calls a weak undead minion for battle. Dies (1) after battle is over
- Decay Aura: Slows the enemie's attack- and movement speed by xy% (passive)
- Corpse Explosion: Detonates the Zombie dealing xy*SP dmg to the main target and xy*SP aoe dmg. After using Explosion the Zombie will rise again.
This could be his rage-skill (2) (as Burst of light, Meteor strike, Revenge etc.) so the Cooldown should be pretty high like 180 sec.
The rising again after his explosion would fit his style being an undead since they use to revive after they seeming died.

Vampir
Main Attribute: Strength
Special Item: Claws, +A, +AP, +%chance to heal a small amount of life on attack
- Vampir's Rage: Buff which increases his attack speed + regenerates xy*AP life points for xy seconds
- Bat's Strike: Splits the Vampir into a covey of bats flying at the target, dmg him for xy*AP and recompose back to his Vampir form. Works like teleport-kick but with a cooler animation.
- Mark of the Vampire: You already got that skill on the Lady in d3^^ Let him leech a lot of life from an enemy for a short time and with a long cooldown
- Master of the night: Improves Vampir's AP/Attack speed/Main attribute/whatever at night (passive)

Crystal Warrior
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Special Item: Ice Crystals, +Sp, +Mana, +%Chance to slow enemy on attack
- Ice Strike: Strikes the enemy with the power of ice slowing the target's attack- and movement speed by 0,5*SP (for example) for 5 seconds. Stacks with Decay Aura.
- Cool Mind: Restores xy*SP Mana to an ally and increases the ally's SP by xy% for xy seconds/his next spell
- Improved Summoning: Minions summoned by "Undead Call" are stronger/more hp/got a new skill/whatever (passive)
- Ice armor: Enchantes his armor with the power of ice for xy seconds giving the Crystal Warrior xy*SP bonus Armor and slows the attack- and movement speed of attacking enemies

Just an idea, maybe you like it and take some inspiration from it ;)

(1) inb4 undeads can't die aeheaheah
(2) I know they don't require rage anymore, inb4 flame

Level 5
I really don't think that they'll accept any undead... I mean, first off, D3 is basicly only undead enemies... And, I'd not run a D2 with a Zombie behind me...

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Sorry, no undead classes or any other races other than dwarf, human or elf. From 'my' lore, only those three races are considered commoners in Ankhmaron. Orcs are accepted too, but are pretty rare, as most of the orcs live in the eastern countries. Also, they are not considered equal to elves, humans and dwarves, more like working slaves.

Level 8
So there we go:

Race: Dwarf
class: Mountaineer
weapon: 1h axe,sword,2h,off hands
armor: leather
misc: tools

skills:
1: hand canon: instant attack, deals ap x 1/10int dmg to - ap x 3/10int based on range 30sec dc.
2: immobilizing trap: catches target, preventinf movement for 6sec(can be attacked, not working on bosses)20sec cd.
3: Poison attack: instant attack, ap x 0.7 leaves a dot deals ap x 0.5 every 3 sec for 12 sec. 12 sec cd
4(scroll): Defilbrylator, ressurects dead player(5min cd, has 10% chance to fail)
5(scroll): Lightning charger: Dwarf charges hes weapon to deals double dmg(elemntal) also hits nerby enemys for 1/2 dmg for next 3 normal attacks.
Hited enemt lose 30% attack speed and 50% for 1,5 sec(main target only)
6(passive) Dwarf Ressistance: (dwarf is naturaly resistant for elemtals 25%)

upgrade1:
Engineer
armor change: mail

new skill:
1) explosive barrel: deals dmg (2x ap) in aoe, axplode when triggered by nerby enemy. 20 sec cd.

Upgrade 2:
Schaman:
Armor change: mail
misc change: bag

1) Aoe rage, all party players attack/cast 30% faster for 15 sec(schaman also has increased dmg for 20%) 2 min cd

Level 2
Very interesting but your skills sound like ranger attacker's
dongcung2.gif
Plz refer to melee weapon

Level 4
"Reason: I've already know [Beszerk] is the most strongest tank class with dps, but in my opinion.... why not an armor break dps user?? like decreasing defence, and given a huge opportunities for the team to fight against the boss."

If I recall correct Thief have Embrittling Acid, which decreases armor quite a lot. Also, the Armor Penetration is quite high nowadays, so, armor reduction on the creeps are pretty low.

well... its my opinion, cuz i really would like to see a disable class in 1.2, beside Sin/Bard Acid thingies. And truly i really wanna see a classes who have full disable to aids their allies.

Level 3
Sorry, no undead classes or any other races other than dwarf, human or elf. From 'my' lore, only those three races are considered commoners in Ankhmaron. Orcs are accepted too, but are pretty rare, as most of the orcs live in the eastern countries. Also, they are not considered equal to elves, humans and dwarves, more like working slaves.

Orcs are strong fighters in my point of view but it's your map^^

Anyway, I got another idea. Since it should be a char with mail armor and we already got a Crusader/Berserker I thought about a shapeshifter. He can transform into a weaker nature creature for melee combat or cast some nature-related spells in his human form. An aura, for example a bit more life or life reg, would be his support spell and it would fit his relation to the nature. Another option is to give him a summon skill, some weaker natur creature.

Later he can focus on shifting into a wolf, dishing out dmg with fearal rage/bloodlust, rabies and bit-attacks and a good base attack speed, or into a bear with high life amount (can be base or a passive skill as "Strength of the Bear"), a claw attack (aoe, creating threat) and some kind of a roar, supporting his allies. Bear's main attribute could be Strength while Wolf's is Agility.

Since the Crusader has a high armor he is good for tanking physical dmg. But he will get problems with spells since they ignore his armor and depend on his life and resistance. The bear could balance this weakness with his very high life points or a natural resinstance skin or something. His armor should be lower than the Crusader's ofc so he won't tank that good against phys dmg.

The Wolf would be a dps on a single target while the Berserker's skill and his weapon are more focused on aoe.

The special items of the classes can be claws or tooth, giving the wolf some dps as attack speed, poison dmg and evasion - since he is an Agility hero -, and giving the bear some life, strength and armor penetration.

Another option is to let him start as an average nature guy with 1 nature spell, 1 shapeshifting spell, 1 lower summon, 1 aura etc. and let him later focus on either
1) shapeshifting, giving him both forms (bear for tank, wolf for dps so he is flexible and can balance what the party is lacking) or
2) summoner/support
Since this class should use Mail stuff and the 2) summoner/supporter class usually is an intelligence based class it's hard to make a useful combination for me.

Well, just some ideas :)

Level 3
I still think the Amazon role is a nice one, you can evolve it to valkyrie and something else, skills based on spearjabs with a higher "melee" range with less aggro, making it a tanker but also not compromising the squire tanking role since spears are mainly two handed...

Amazons are also str based and fit every single condition u needed for the new class, aswell. Btw, is this new class comin in v1.2 aswell?

Level 4
Uhmm.. so.... Femoika ideas just rang a bell on my head... Mail+Meele Spear class Amazon? Its a great idea, but...... what that class amazon turn to or end up into 2nd jobs as range... shouldnt that be a bad idea?? Mail + Range??? Well.. idk.. its my opinion, but your ideas is good :)

New Class:
-[Raider] -> [Buccuneer] or [Marauder]
-[Descrioption]: a pirate who wield the mastery of fist, fighting against enemy with his mighty arms steel weapon, and tears down enemy apart with his untouchable speed.

Reason for this class: Lots of people been discusses about the new upcoming class with mail armor... so i thought and came up with something a little OLD-AGES Fashion.

-[Radier]
-[Weapon] - [Fist]
-[Armor] - [Leather]
-[Other] - [Earring]
-[Assessory] - [Any item]

-[Buccuneer]
-[Weapon] - [Fist]
-[Armor] - [Mail]
-[Other] - [Boot]

-[Marauder]
-[Weapon] - [Giant Fist]
-[Armor] - [Mail]
-[Other] - [Shoulder]

Raider - [Leather] - Why? [Think of Reality for pirate to wield a heavy armor]
Buccuneer - [Mai]l - Why? [Supreme class who have power of speed fighting against enemy, some what like Sin, but in different type of armor]
Marauder - [Mail] - Why? [Has everyone play GoW?? God of War*, i like how the fist is attend on his Arm, its pretty cool] :)

Level 4
And so... is 6th base class Dead? or Alive? or.. maybe? no idea? xD

Anyway... case and due to the people are running out of idea.. we need to come up with a theme that can help brainstorms this new upcoming class, and i've came up lots of theme for the Ages Era

Here's the list of theme that i came up with to brainstorms the upcoming new class.

List of Theme
-Sea-rooker of the pirate
-Unknown Legend
-Dark Ages
-Mysterious
-Holy-ness
-Road of the time
-Raider
-Nobles
-Theory of Life

Oh Also for naming the class, If you figure some awsome/cool class or one of your themes relate to gaias, reply here, i'll came up a name for you :)

This is one of my example

Theory of Life < this can be relate to Scienctist Era.

This themes relatedto citizen or talents people, they're high intelligents and can came up with any theory or technology to fight against their enemy or protect themself.

Class: Citizen
Jobs Changes: Mechanicor Scienctist

And so as you know.. these are exmaples, so try go a little crazy with your theme :)

Level 4
Different subject, addition jobs

While playing gaias and running D3, there's was a Bard on my team, he said something about addition jobs, beside adding extra model/classes, and i thought about it.... its really a great idea, beside putting more model of new class in here, why dont we consider to having extra jobs in those current classes we have at the moments??

I know its would required a huge amounts of time and works, but.. it a worth a shot for the upcoming V1.2, and i know there was someone who agruing about Bard as support class in Thief Class. On the other day, i was thinking and came up with this Pirate class, but it seen to be fits with Thief more than any other new base classes.

This is just an suggestions, but i dont know if the creators would allow it

Level 3
Shanchi, you should try posting stuff that could actualy fit with the game metrics, its a simple medieval adventure ORPG, not a science fiction movie..

Level 4
Shanchi, you should try posting stuff that could actualy fit with the game metrics, its a simple medieval adventure ORPG, not a science fiction movie..

I know, its just an example lol xD, but still.. im starting to running out of idea... hmm...

Level 1

Dude, you can't live saying it's just this and not trying to improve. If there's no more ideas this map is just going to die out.

Level 3
Hey Malygos are you having a hard time reading my posts here? So why dont you go play some more so you can get rid of yourself?

Level 18
i do not want anymore healing classes , if so then druid and cleric won't matter anymore..

i would want..

job 1: Footman. (Here it would have almost the same stuff as squire just a bit less defense but slightly higher damage)
(it should not use the footman wc3 model it should be a not that strong man that looks cleaner than the squire (like to apparent being a real soldier of mytargas).
Job2: Dark Knight(i don't think it should be death knight because it would be a bit dumb to see a dead person battling undeads). (ice, dark) // Dragon Slayer (fire, light). (it could be a melee special damage/dps class. in this step it should be like berserker/crusader it should do a bit more of damage than them but it should have less defense)

it's job change should be in lvl 38 or higher since it's supposed to be a class made to be the D4 key.
(just like the clerics second job was for d3 (not monk the other one i forgot it's name xD).

Level 4
i do not want anymore healing classes , if so then druid and cleric won't matter anymore..

i would want..

job 1: Footman. (Here it would have almost the same stuff as squire just a bit less defense but slightly higher damage)
(it should not use the footman wc3 model it should be a not that strong man that looks cleaner than the squire (like to apparent being a real soldier of mytargas).
Job2: Dark Knight(i don't think it should be death knight because it would be a bit dumb to see a dead person battling undeads). (ice, dark) // Dragon Slayer (fire, light). (it could be a melee special damage/dps class. in this step it should be like berserker/crusader it should do a bit more of damage than them but it should have less defense)

it's job change should be in lvl 38 or higher since it's supposed to be a class made to be the D4 key.
(just like the clerics second job was for d3 (not monk the other one i forgot it's name xD).

Hmmm these idea is actually pretty good, but in my suggestion that Footman would be call Cavelier and for Death Knight *Im kinda objection with this idea.. because if you have a class that strong as Berzerk/Crusader, isn't that made both of thost class out of job?? Dx.

But.. if thinking something like that.. how about Scavenger? a strong warrior who fight alone through out the ages of darkness, depend on his mighty strength beside speed.

Level 3
i mb have an idea something like a battlemage with 1h sword and other hand somekinda glove that is magical or a little rod idk
i dunno which spells mb someone else could come up with something

Level 4
i mb have an idea something like a battlemage with 1h sword and other hand somekinda glove that is magical or a little rod idk
i dunno which spells mb someone else could come up with something

Srry for this late replay.. was trying to. Oh and.. anyway that's a pretty cool class, its some how related to Saint, a holy warrior who weild their power to sword, using magic depend the weapon and release the supreme againt the enemy.

Level 8
Smells like chaotic knight from TKoK, but do we rly need another meele?

I still think my idea is good(few sites earlier[npt chuck norris one ;p])

Level 4
Wait... what class do we really need?? I mean... if we actually need another class what would it be? Let make a vote?

Tanker
Damage Dealer
Healer
Spell Dealer
Disable-Support

Let vote....

Level 5
AoE DPS or like you said so called Disable-Support/character with curses.

We actually always lack AoE for D3, if we even have a sorc, he doesn't have meteor... people would play a new character more than anything other so it would be helpfull for balancing the raids now.

Level 8
I think it's not a mater of vote...

Makers "IF" they will ever ad 6th base class it wil be their choice, and I'm 100% sure it won't be exactly one of ideas here.

What we post here can be only sugestion, tip, inspiration, but nothing more so I wouldn't put much weight on what ppl post here ;)

Level 4
AoE DPS or like you said so called Disable-Support/character with curses.

We actually always lack AoE for D3, if we even have a sorc, he doesn't have meteor... people would play a new character more than anything other so it would be helpfull for balancing the raids now.

I Agree with you PastTime, and its a great idea to have a highly disable-aoe/ or Aoe-dps user... its would be nice since most of the class is not getting pick for D3, such as Bard/Sin/Hunter/etc, this would be a great opportunities to have a Aoe-dps, for an example Aoe-dps + tanker + Dps class + Dps class + Healer for the run, and we dont have to waste those extra slot for another berzerk in the D3 run and everyone have the opportunities for D3 run, which clearly a great way of balance.

Last run of my day.. Berzerk + Berzerk + Crusader + Healer + Druid [It was sucessful.. but we having a difficult time against waves... since one of the berzerk dont even have Full D2 equipments and.. he's lv.25...]

Another thing.. which is worst that, having 2 healer in D3 make the run less dps against Andz/Lady (Unless they have full D3 equipments)

Level 6
Dragoon

Skill 7 -
Skill 8 -

Upgrades to...

Hierophant

- Advanced melee class

And

Geomancer

Misc:

Plug for the AoE comments :)

Level 2
Wanderer/Trader

- The basic melee class
- Can evolve into Merchant and Battlesmith
Weapons: Swords/2 Handers/Axe/Hammer[Whatever that's big and scary]
Misc: Enchanted Stones

Melee class that benefits the team with combat and non combat buffs.
I want to have something which you don't see in most rpgs which i find is a class that revolves around money and perhaps a travelling blacksmith fighting as well.

The unique point about this particular class is that it isn't just simply str and cont like you see what the Squire class concentrates on. His basic abilities would be based on mostly strength but as he branches on to tier 2 classes, his abilities would also revolves around the agility and int stats. It depends on how you want to build this character, he can be a hardy fighter or an support to the team. I shall explain in his abilities

These spells are what I rushly came up with, subjected to changes of course, and just a rough idea of what I visualize for the class.

Skill 1: Cheap Shot : Deals damage based on x2 str briefly blinds the target for 3 second making the target miss (%) of his attack.

Wandering from places to places have allowed one to pick up a trick or two, especially for protecting ones self.

Skill 2: Slice or Smash : Deals damage based on x2 str and stun a target for 2 second, 1 second for elites and does not affect bosses.
[When equipped with mace/hammer type weapon]

Slice or Smash : Deals damage based on x2 agi and raptures the target causing it to bleed for dealing (formulae) amount of damage for 5 seconds.
[When equipped with sword type weapon]

Escaping to Ankhmaron has been a perilous journey, that the (class) has learned the potent way to handle a weapon to it's maximum potential to defend one's self.

Skill 3: Shady Pouch : Sprinkle a mysterious and maybe magical dust upon your foes that inflicts random affliction upon your enemies, even you have no idea what terror you may have bestow upon them.

Debuff 1:Eist's Pink Elephant Powder: Reduce movement speed and attack speed by xx% for 3 second

Debuff 2:Crushed Sphere Powder: Reduce resistance of target by xx% for 4 seconds.

Debuff 3:Fungus Mungus Dust: Increase physical damage taken by xx% for 1 hit.

Debuff 4:Mungus Fungus Dust: Increase magical damage taken by xx% for 1 spell.

This spell doesn't inflicts all 4 debuffs on the target at the same time, it's random, sometimes you may afflict debuff 1 or debuff 2, it all depends.

Skill 4: Duly Presence: Reduces threat generated for the next 8 seconds.

Being a wanderer wasn't all adventurous and fun, due to the recent events, one has learn to avoid, always moving unnoticed.

Skill 5: Rainy Days(Passive) Generates 2% additional gold from creep kill and stores gold for rainy days.

Creates a "gold counter" storing gold obtained from the gold generated from "Rainy Days". Gold counter cap is based on level.

Skill 6: Vicious Strike: Gathers all the might one can to smite thy foe with a powerful strike dealing (formulae) and increase the next single source of damage taken by (formulae).

One must gather all his might against a mighty foe in order to survive.

Skill 7: Money Minded: Increase gold received from creeps killed by 2% and bosses killed by 5%

Being alone wandering from land to land to escape from the plague would require resourcefulness.

Merchant specialize in dealing with trades and fights using the power of wealth and certain gadgets one acquired during his travels by trading.

Misc:Enchanted Statues

Merchant bring along enchanted statues with the belief that certain enchanted statues are blessed by spirits and deities that could bestow wealth upon a man.

Merchant Skill 8:

Cash Out: Deals (formulae based on str) amount of damage + 20% of gold counter damage to a target and causes 50% splash damage to nearby targets to the targeted target.

Battlesmith specialize in boosting his allies weaponary's effectiveness and imbueing weapons with magical properties.

Misc:Trinklets

Battlesmiths traditionally equip Trinklets with the belief that each work is blessed and strengthen by the spirits and magical energies which resides in each magical trinklet.

Battlesmith Skill 8:

Enchantra Weaponary: Imbues nearby allies weapon with elemental strength increasing damage done by 20+(formulae based on agi) for 15 seconds.

Buff 1: Searing Flames: Each strike deals additional (formulae based on int) fire damage and deals (xx) damage over time.

Buff 2: Icy Touch: Each strike deals additional (formulae based on int) water damage and slows opponent attack speed and movement speed by 1%. Stacks up to 6 time.

Buff 3: Venomous Strike: Each strike deals additional (formulae based on int) poison damage and slows casting speed by 4 second, 2 seconds on bosses and elites. Cannot be afflicted on the same target again for 12 second.

Buff 4: Arcane Strike: Each strike deals addtional (formulae based on int) arcane damage and lowers their magic resistence by 20 for 5 seconds. Cannot be afflicted on the same target again for 8 seconds.

This buff is debatable, should it imbue each character with different buff or all the nearby allies with only one time at once. If all characters are imbued with different buff, bosses would be certainly put at a disadvantage as the boss would be severely debuffed, however should it imbue each character with the same buff, it would be a little too boring :X

This is what my brain can come up with atm ;X

Level 8
I still think my idea for mail caster is best ;)

u start as templar
and than u upgrade for:
-Bloodmancer(class with unique spells'some even require health')
-Paladin (many ppl love paladins, and it will greatly help with finding healer for advanced dungeon"in future also hc's')

Mail with intelect and spell power will also stop brzerkers from whining about "why i cant roll on mail lol!?"

Level 1
what about an elemental based warrior?
here are some of my ideas(some of them are a twist of tank and dps class)

example:
a must have skill: rune inscription(imbue a friendly target with a rune based on their element(lightning=bash like passives, fire=immolation/chance to burn, frost= slowing attack)

thunder warrior(could be tanking class. focus on intercept-stun-like skills. could be an dps-support class with high attack speed with lots of disabling abilities):
-maelstorm weapons: chance to cast chain lightning (passive)
-lightning bolt: single target stun and dealing minor AOE damage
-blitz bolt: works like warrior's charge in WoW, immediately run onto target and stunning them
-Ultimate: stormcaller: randomly cast lightning bolts on nearby enemies (not channeling)

flame warrior(pure tanking class with HUGE health pool, soaking type. once this one got it's ultimate skill, it could reduce the amount of burden on healers):
-Searing Sun: deals aoe damage arround flame warrior, causes lots of threat
-burning blade: burn a target enemy, increasing its attack rate by 50% while dealing a huge ammount of damage per second. 10 second duration. Warning: High Threat
-flame path: increasing movement speed and attack speed of allies on flame path. deals damage to everyone on top of the flame path.
-Ultimate:child of sun: receives healing from fire damage and reducing frost damage taken. increase effects of other skills (passive)

Frost warrior(tanks with high armor, slow attack speed, high attack damage):
-frost path: slows attack and movement speed of everyone on top of frost path. increase mana regen of allies
-frozen tomb: summons a frozen tomb which taunts nearby enemies every 5 second. when frozen tomb's health reaches zero it will explode, freezing enemies in 400 AOE for x second. has huge healtn and 30 second duration.
-snowcaller: summons a snowcaller companion which automatically follows the Frost warrior. casting It's Snow Time! every 3 second(AOE 900), which slows enemies attack speed and movement speed by 5% for each application(max of 80% reduction). permanent pet with low health (CD 300 second)
-Ultimate: rune of razorice: inscribing a frost rune on one's armor whichreatly increase armor and returns x% of mele damage taken, while permanently slows attack speed by 30% and increasing damage by 35%(passive)

well.. lightning warrior could be an str-agi class while the flame warrior would be an str addict class(maybe with some int). and frost could be an all out agi class(not every agi class has the chance to tank right?).

as the base class I think it could be
elemental trainee:
-fire presence: each attack deals cleaving fire damage. skill duration x second
-frost presence: each attacks slows targets attack speed and movement speed for x second. skill duration x second
-lightning presence: each attacks ministuns an enemy while dealing extra damage. skill duration x second
-ultimate: improved presence: fire presence now increase damage, and increase it's cleaving AOE. frost presence now increase damage done while reduce damage taken. lightning presence now has a chance to cast a chain lightning. all presence duration increased by x second and has a y cooldown reduction.

Level 8
most of these hero ideas souns like dragon ball arena ect... keep a little bit more real and keep in mind this hero should be squal to other heros that alrdy exists!

Status
Not open for further replies.