1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for my race thematic

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by BrazilEmperor, Jan 11, 2019.

1. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    i'm making a map that each race is based on some culture.
    EX: Dwarfs equals to Vikings
    Humans equals to Holy Roman Empire,etc.

for my Elf race, what theme is better?

Celtic/British/Highland culture

or

Chinese/Asian/Oriental culture?

2. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Elf race can be fit onto vikings again but the trading version?

3. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    i don't understand, can you explain?

4. noob

noob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some vikings did pillage but there was also a lot of vikings who traded with varied countries (being good at navigation helps a lot at trading).

5. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Of Course,but i need to known your opinion about what theme is better to my elfish race.
    Celtics or Chineses.

6. xISLx

xISLx

Resources:
    Resources:
    So it's basically Warhammer?

Both of these cultures are really interesting, but I'd prefer Celtic elves over Oriental :D
    What other races do you have? Maybe one of them would be a better fit for one of these cultures

7. BrazilEmperor

BrazilEmperor

Resources:
    Resources:
    is because my map pack (Melee / Skirmish) will currently have four races. one for each known culture. one to be a western civilization, other as a barbarian faction, other as a desertic people and other as a asian people.

the problem is the lacking of unique and suitable models. I want that each unit must to be unique for each other, without resemblings, EX: a Footman and a Footman archer.

The fact is that, i personally, see lacking of models and textures to suit each of these cultures.

so I thought it would be better if I changed the scenery: instead of focusing on a map pack where we would have a diversity of places to play, spreading to Asia. Maybe it would be better to stay in the same old world: Europe, North Africa and Minor Asia extending to Sirya and the Caspian Sea.

the elves, especially the Blood Elfs and the Night Elfs, are the ones who would most like a complete race based on Chinese and Japanese culture, but with that change, they would fall well as a typical breed of Britannia, Ireland, etc.

As for the other races, I think of creating one of Undeads, perhaps representing the Arabs or the Slavs. if you have an idea, you are welcome.

I'm thinking of using the Orcs to represent the Mongols. they would be very strong, numerous, with mount units for the most part of army composition, the buildings could become an animal holding supplies (Kodo, Pack Horse,etc) so they could allocate themselves elsewhere, EX: you found a new Goldmine. you can change your original based location for this new one, like nomads.

I'm thinking of others, I have not decided yet.