• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for my race thematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i'm making a map that each race is based on some culture.
EX: Dwarfs equals to Vikings
Humans equals to Holy Roman Empire,etc.

for my Elf race, what theme is better?

Celtic/British/Highland culture

or

Chinese/Asian/Oriental culture?

Level 6
Some vikings did pillage but there was also a lot of vikings who traded with varied countries (being good at navigation helps a lot at trading).
Of Course,but i need to known your opinion about what theme is better to my elfish race.
Celtics or Chineses.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
i'm making a map that each race is based on some culture.
EX: Dwarfs equals to Vikings
Humans equals to Holy Roman Empire,etc.
So it's basically Warhammer?

Both of these cultures are really interesting, but I'd prefer Celtic elves over Oriental :D
What other races do you have? Maybe one of them would be a better fit for one of these cultures

Level 6
So it's basically Warhammer?

Both of these cultures are really interesting, but I'd prefer Celtic elves over Oriental :D
What other races do you have? Maybe one of them would be a better fit for one of these cultures

is because my map pack (Melee / Skirmish) will currently have four races. one for each known culture. one to be a western civilization, other as a barbarian faction, other as a desertic people and other as a asian people.

the problem is the lacking of unique and suitable models. I want that each unit must to be unique for each other, without resemblings, EX: a Footman and a Footman archer.

The fact is that, i personally, see lacking of models and textures to suit each of these cultures.

so I thought it would be better if I changed the scenery: instead of focusing on a map pack where we would have a diversity of places to play, spreading to Asia. Maybe it would be better to stay in the same old world: Europe, North Africa and Minor Asia extending to Sirya and the Caspian Sea.

the elves, especially the Blood Elfs and the Night Elfs, are the ones who would most like a complete race based on Chinese and Japanese culture, but with that change, they would fall well as a typical breed of Britannia, Ireland, etc.

As for the other races, I think of creating one of Undeads, perhaps representing the Arabs or the Slavs. if you have an idea, you are welcome.

I'm thinking of using the Orcs to represent the Mongols. they would be very strong, numerous, with mount units for the most part of army composition, the buildings could become an animal holding supplies (Kodo, Pack Horse,etc) so they could allocate themselves elsewhere, EX: you found a new Goldmine. you can change your original based location for this new one, like nomads.

I'm thinking of others, I have not decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.