• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea for Boss Arena Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have an Idea that somewhat is like Impossible bosses but with a personal twist and my own unique ideas and I was wondering what people thought and if anyone had any suggestions or ideas to toss around ^.^

Basically there is to be five bosses in five arenas and as players defeat bosses, the gateways to the next open up and they are allowed to proceed. The boss fight will only start when all players are in the same zone and if that zone is equal to the next boss arena. Cinematics will greet the players at every boss, in which all units are invulnerable so as to not cause glitches where they cannot hurt the boss or the boss cannot hurt them DURING cinematics. Each boss is unique and requires various tactics to avoid their deadly maneuvers and spells. Once players finish the fifth boss, they can challenge the leader and if they win will unlock a unique code that applies only to the user's name through a complex substring algorithm they can enter that will grant them benefits if they play again on the hardest possible difficulty. If they beat him on the highest difficulty, they can email me their respective replay., and say who else was in their group so they can be added to credits for being a few of the top players.

Some links to check out for concept art, details, and terrain shots.
Brutagor Concept Page
Ogharaz Concept Page
Brutagor Arena Terrain

General Concepts:
Map Players Max: 6
Map Roles: Tank, DPS, Healer.
Heroes per Role (Estimated): 5
Item System (Predicted): Item-Class System I.E Helm, Chest, Boots, Weapon, Offhand, Accessory.
Difficulty System: Beginner, Novice, Average, Good, Skilled, Epic, Legendary, Godlike.

Detailed Concepts:
Before every boss fight, waves of creeps sticking to the theme of the boss will swarm in from all parts of the arena as if "trash" in a dungeon in WoW. Waves will vary from every match, meaning random numbers of units per wave as well as random number of waves (See Table Below). When you select harder difficulties more waves must be completed. A chart will be compiled momentarily. Gold will also be affected by this change, as well as (i hope) experience gain. Experience gain is a system that I could modify via a library instead of having the creeps actually give XP. This also removes the XP filter with no constants modification.
Players will not be forced to choose between the 3 roles equally although it is HIGHLY recommended.
Gold Table
Beginner: 200%
Novice: 170%
Average: 150%
Good: 120%
Skilled: 100%
Epic: 80%
Legendary: 60%
Godlike: 40%
XP Table
Beginner: 200%
Novice: 170%
Average: 150%
Good: 120%
Skilled: 100%
Epic: 100%
Legendary: 100%
Godlike: 100%
Wave Table
Beginner: 1-3 Waves
Novice: 1-4 Waves
Average: 1-4 Waves
Good: 2-5 Waves
Skilled: 3-6 Waves
Epic: 8-10 Waves
Legendary: 12-14 Waves
Godlike: 17-25 Waves
There is currently one boss being worked on and I feel like this idea is very fun for a group of people.

Phase 1: Damage Phase

The first phase of fighting is strict damage, with some small stomps every 20 - 24 seconds. There's a 15% chance that Brutagor will knock a random player back and 300 distance and deal 4% of their total HP to them. After 10 seconds of the phase being started, Brutagor calls upon a giant monstrosity that while within 200 distance of Brutagor will heal him and Brutagor for 5% max hp every second. The monstrosity has 2 abilities: Plague and Fester.

Plague: Inflicts all enemies within 200 distance with the Plague of the Helldemon. While the plague is active, healing effects on this unit are decreased by 2% per level of the Plague. This effect periodically is cast every 15 seconds. If the unit reaches 100% hp, the plague is instantly removed.

Infest: Detonates all Plague in the area dealing (25 + 100*Level of Plague) damage to all units in 200 distance.

This phase will last 4 minutes or until the monstrosity is killed.

Phase 2: Taurus Form

Brutagor transforms into an avatar-like state, gains 25% Str, Agi, and Int. In this new state he gains three new spells: Gore, Impale, and Desecrate.

Gore: Slices a unit and knocks them back 400 distance. Deals ((Hero Level * 75) + 100) damage.

Impale: Thrashes a unit with spikes from all directions dealing ((Hero Level * 5) + 10) damage every second for 4 seconds, during which the unit is stunned.

Desecrate: Places a small, aoe effect at the feet of the Hero with the lowest max hp that deals 4% of the individual's max HP ever 2 seconds. If a unit is standing in the aoe for longer than 2 seconds, the aoe will expand by 20 distance. The more units standing increases the distance increased. Every 5 times AOE increases in size, the amount of hp dealt every 2 seconds is increased by 2%. If no units are standing in the aoe, it will not grow, and it will die in 20 seconds.

After he casts Desecrate 4 times or drops below 35% hp, Phase 3 is initiated.

Phase 3: Deformation

After being drained of his power by ascending to his Taurus form, Brutagor now is weakened into a more humanoid form and every 30 seconds will be stunned for 5 seconds and have his armor reduced by 50. Afterwards he enrages and will begin to lash out at 80% increased attack speed and 40% increased damage. Once he reaches < 250 HP he will become invulnerable and transfer to Phase 4.

Phase 4: Ascention

Brutagor now fully angered, divides into 2 units: the Spirit of Krah, and the Spirit of Odelum. If the spirits are within 200 distance of each other they will heal each other and grant massive bonuses to each other, forcing the group to be seperated to destroy them. Once the spirits are dead, the loot is dropped in the center and the next boss fight starts once all players are ready.

Credits to: Darkgrom For ideas and general concept of "Commander Ogharaz".

Phase 1: Dominance

Tainted Blood:
Increases Ogharaz's Strength by 20% and heals him for 10% HP. Occurs once every minute and lasts for 15 seconds.

Vicious Slashing:
Lashes out with both weapons 5 times each attach dealing 130% damage each in a line. Occurs once every minute and a half.

Reinforcements:
Every 2 minutes of Phase 1, Ogharaz shouts and the nearby gates from the north and south open and spawn 4 Orc Guards each, 2 Orc Brutes each, and an Orc Dominator each every 30 seconds. To close the gates you must destroy the rune near the gates. If a gate is open when 2 minutes is up, the amount of troops to appear is multiplied by 4. If the gates are closed 3 times consecutively, Phase 2 initiates.

Phase 2: Final Stand

Ogharaz will maintain all of his abilities in Phase 2 however he will lose the 10% heal from "Tainted Blood" and gain several new abilities.

Enrage:
Ogharaz's damage increases by 5% every time you close a gate to prevent troops from appearing. Can stack with self.

Tactical Retreat:
Ogharaz's jumps away from the players and crouches down, healing at an alarming rate until he is attack by the players.

Boiling Blood:
When Ogharaz drops below 20% HP he enters a furious state causes his attacks to deal 210% damage but renders him 50% more vulnerable to attack and removes his ability to use "Tactical Retreat".

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If they beat him on the highest difficulty, a new code is given to them and they can email me them, and say who else was in their group so they can be added to credits for being a few of the top players.
So I could take the code from your map's script and post it to you with a bunch of fake players and make it to the credits? You should just demand a replay of winning at the highest difficulty as those cannot be faked like codes can.

Just fighting bosses is rather boring. You need some background to it.

Level 9
@ DSG True, replays work better, thank you. And for the background. These are being developed now, I need more or less of a starting point for these creatures. I really haven't gotten into much detail on this project, so I placed it in the Ideas section so I could collect some ideas and hammer out more vivid details later. I appreciate your input and I see your point. However, this is a project I want to collect information on in the background for now so in the future, development can actually start off with somewhere to go.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Oghosh fel orc general

Phase 1: this is OUR world!

Fel blood
increases str by x

Rapid blow
attacks with both weapons x times each attach deals x damage

Call in troops
during the fight the gates opens so the incoming troops can aid him. To win the fight you got to close atleast 2 of the gates by hitting levers.

Phase 2 enough of this!

He still uses the same avilitys as 1 butg got additional abbilitys now.

Enrage
his damage increases by 5% every time you close any gate to prevent his troops.

Heroic jump
jumps to a location far awey and stay there and start to gain rapid hp. Canceld when attacked

Level 9
Oghosh fel orc general

Phase 1: this is OUR world!

Fel blood
increases str by x

Rapid blow
attacks with both weapons x times each attach deals x damage

Call in troops
during the fight the gates opens so the incoming troops can aid him. To win the fight you got to close atleast 2 of the gates by hitting levers.

Phase 2 enough of this!

He still uses the same avilitys as 1 butg got additional abbilitys now.

Enrage
his damage increases by 5% every time you close any gate to prevent his troops.

Heroic jump
jumps to a location far awey and stay there and start to gain rapid hp. Canceld when attacked

Very nice. I like this. +rep. Will make some slight modifications, and do some more extensive details on spells and maybe a few more details. Credits will be given as well. Adding to main post when done.

Irothar - Infernal Knight

Phase 1: This world will BURN!!!

Fireball
Throws a fireball to a target enemy, dealing x damage.

Flame Chain
Creates a ball of fire, that bounces up to x enemies, dealing x damage. Affected enemies will lose x HP per sec for x seconds.

Fire Cyclone
The Infernal Knight creates a fiery controllable Cyclone that tosses enemy ground units into the air. Tossed units will burn, losing x HP per sec for x seconds. Lasts x seconds.

Phase 2: Burn to the LIVING ONES!!!

Adds the following abilities:

Fire Potion
Places a bottle with fire at a target area. The fire bottle wil explode in x seconds and will deal x area damage. Damaged units will lose x HP per sec for x seconds.

Inner Burning
Burns a target enemy. The enemy will lose x HP per sec for x seconds and it's accuracy will be reduced by x% for x seconds. If the unit dies, a fiery monster will spawn from it.

Level 9
@BloodElf300
This is a nice idea but this is more or less a hero concept in boss format o.o If I may ask, I am working on a hero arena, and some concepts could be useful for a hero for that if you don't mid me picking some abilities that would create a balanced hero.

Level 28
Giant Scorpion

A scorpion the size of a building, ancient beyond reckoning and hungry beyond mesure. Set in a desert arena with a few pieces of old rocks and statuary.

Phase 1: Desert Fury

Abilities: Envenomed Weapons, Slow Poison, Cleaving Attack, Hardened and Resistant Skin

In the first phase of this fight, the scorpion merely attacks with claws and poisoned tail, protected by its thick shell. If the players have items that change time of day to night, the fight is easier as the scorpion moves much more slowly. Once it takes enough damage, the second phase begins.

Phase 2: Everything that Shuffles and Skitters

Abilities: none

The scorpion retreats under the sands to recuperate. Dozens of scorpion hatchlings emerge from egg sacks located next to the statuary, only once the players have destroyed them all does the third phase begin. This phase is meant for the players to regain health and mana lost in the first phase via dropped runes, lifestealing items and abilities, etc.

Phase 3: Wormsign

Abilities: Envenomed Weapons, Slow Poison, Shadow Strike, Burrow, Ghost

In the third and final phase of the fight, the scorpion remains hidden under the sands, striking out at isolated opponents. The scorpion can move around while buried, and while it can be tracked by the wake of sand being thrown around, it cannot be targeted by normal attacks. In order to attack it, it must be in range of a ground slamming attack (War Stomp, Thunder Clap, Inferno, Earthquake etc.), at which point it will be unburrowed, aboveground and stunned for a few seconds. Get as many hits in as you can, for as soon as stun ends it turns invulnerable and burrows anew (and invulnerability removed).

Are you also taking suggestions for item drops and rewards?

Level 9
Any and all suggestions pertaining to this map are being accepted at this time. Please remember this thread isn't for map development, I just want to have a collection of ideas together so when I finish up some maps I can jump right into a fully detailed map development from this thread. Over time I'll be adding posts and expanding this concept until it's practically begging to be developed. For now however, any and all suggestions are being taken and reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.