• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icy Island

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Icy Island

6 player map

3v3 or 2v2

6+6 gold mines
1 tavern
2 mercenary camps
2 goblin shops
2 laboratories

6 green camps, 24 orange camps
Previews
Contents

Icy Island (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hey, so: The general idea of the map is good. The layout is solid and the creeps and itemdrops are mostly well balanced. Unfortunately, I think there are few details that hold the map back: 1. Some creeps will aggro on player units by accident, in...
mafe
See comment I wrote a few days ago.
Level 26
this look amazing but hey! Let me added something...
creep route look weird you have to go round the base corner to get the one behind your base. maybe put him out a more.
In one creep camp you should have at least one medium armor.

I was just checked from the photo you put on. Hope that you will make it bigger so I can zoom in xD

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hey, so: The general idea of the map is good. The layout is solid and the creeps and itemdrops are mostly well balanced. Unfortunately, I think there are few details that hold the map back:
1. Some creeps will aggro on player units by accident, in particular some of the central wolf creeps.
2. A lvl 2 charged from a 4-2 wolf spot is a too strong drop, even though for teamgames it is not as much as an issue as for 1v1.
3. The creeproutes (in particular for ud/orc) look very slow. Hu/ne player can at least got for a lab/merc/shop. But if an orc/ud this might be too risky, and if they want to creep early on, they just have spend a lot of time walkind around to find creeps that get them to lvl 2. Or maybe I'm being too negative here, not sure.
4. Players often complaint that snow maps in wc3 are too bright, and while that can be subjective, i'd prefer if there werent just large patches of a single tile, even though in the case of snow there is an obvious justification for that, because that's just how snow works.
5. Some of the outer parts of the map just feel empty and I wonder why a player would ever go there in a real game. On the other hand, the area around the tavern might be better if there were fewer trees.
6. While the trees are completely without gaps (good!), there some gaps between doodads where small units (footies, ghouls) and move between and become untouchable for bigger melee units like grunts or heroes.

I know winter tileset are hard to work with, but maybe you can still find a way ( but not if you dont want to)? Since some of the other gameplay-affecting points (1-3) could be fixed easily, and hoping that you didnt lose interest because of the long time it took for me to review this map, I'm sending this map back to Awaiting update.