• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

icuuc44.dll ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Two hours after you posted in the news that Sc2 was released (2:30 AM I think...), my best friend called me from France (I am in Romania...) and he was VERY MAD.

He said he bought the game (SC2) and he installed it, updated it and when he started the game, an error appeared saying he is missing icuuc44.dll (Or something like that... It was a phone conversation for god's sake...).
Then he tried to open the launcher again and another error appeared saying the launcher cannot start.

He called me again some minutes ago and told me he reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate... x64 I think) and the game... and the problem persists.

He will call me tomorrow and I would really like to have a solution.

Can anyone help us (/him)? :con:

Level 1
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment variables

Scroll down to path and add the END

C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\

BE CAREFULL NOT TO DELETE WHAT IS ALREADY THERE. YOU'll SCREW UP YOUR INSTALL.

It should be able to find everything.

AND UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS BY DOWNLOADING THEM FROM ATI and NVIDIA.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
And DirectX 10 or 11...
The poster obviously has no idea and all he is saying. He admits that his friend is using W7 yet he then sprouts this garbage of it using DX 10 or 11...

Windows 7 will always come with and use Direct X 11, it is windows vista that needs a service pack to enable direct X 11.

Additionally he can not even post the missing dll name in a confirmed way, it is important we know the exact name of it.

Your opperating system does not automatically update everything. Only some graphic driver updates are picked up and direct X is not updated automatically at all (unless it is a major revision like DX 10 to 11 which only the release version of DX11 will be updated to).

Tell him to firstly go to the ATI website and manually download and update his graphic drivers using the lattest version of their drivers that support his make of card. Then tell him to go to the direct X website and download the lattest direct X update for direct X 11. Also tell him to make sure he has not disabled any OS modules, that he should run the game as an administrator and to make sure his anti virus software is not blocking it.

Anymore help we will need the exact errors he is getting.

Level 2
just tell him to download the latest drivers and directx and se if they are updated which i seriously doubt they arent and se if that will fix the problem. Google is the answer.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Agarwa3n your point being?

Just because a card does not permit the lattest features does not mean the software driving it is not the lattest. As you know DirectX 11 allows for improved threading performance as well as axcess to Direct Compute to any DirectX 10 or newer card. However it is true that tessilisation shader processes are not available on cards that support direct X10 and 10.1.

Level 21
I talked to him and he said he has DirectX 10 because he had some serious problems with DirectX 11.
He said his drivers are also the latest available and he also has all Acer drivers installed.
(And he confirmed it is 4GB DDR3 RAM -- not DDR2)

And I supplied the DLL name correctly. icuuc44.dll !

Rainbow_Evil, if he calls the technical support, what language is he going to use? He's not good at Romanian, but English? Lmao...

Edit:
Google-ing for icuuc44.dll, I've found the next facts:
  • A lot of people have problems with this DLL
  • Noone found a working solution
  • No download links are provided

Last edited:
Level 1
Does any of u know if DX 11 work with GeForce G210

Cos pretty much i got same problem with missing icuuc44.dll...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ok, this dll must be part of some other dll or part of SC2.

Nuster, DX 11 will work with every graphic card. Even DX 9 graphic cards should use DX11 although most of the added features will be disabled in them (in this case only DX9l will be usable from the DX11 library).

The geforce 210 will support some of the features of DX11, just like my Geforce 275 GTX supports some of them. It however does not support use of the DX11 tessilistation stage that fully DX11 hardware does but it still gains the improved threading boost and the direct compute functionality.

I am sure windows 7 only works with DirectX 11, it was vista that needed a service pack to use 11. If for some strange reason he is unable to update to directX 11, then that is 95% likly to be the problem as SC2 was made using prety new directX SDKs so he will be stuck using an historic version of directX. Once again, just because your card supports directX 10 does not mean it will not run directX 11 as some of directX 11 features are fully backwards compatible with directX 10 (software changes).

The module sounds like a local Dll loaded from an MPQ maybe in starcraft II. I advise installing the game as an admin, adding it to anti virus expections and trying to run the game as an administrator. If this does not work then something in your computer must not support the game and you should contact the makers to see if drivers will come to fix that.

Last edited:
Level 21
Support??

It worked, but now he needs 'icudt44.dll'!
I'll try to get this one too...

Edit: He called me and he was mad.
He said he found all the missing DLLs in the Support folder... He installed them and now the game doesn't start.

Edit2: It works now. He forgot to use the launcher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.