• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't update my starcraft 2 with v. 0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all,
I have a big problem and don't know, why it doesn't work....
I reinstalled my windows 7 and wanted to install starcraft 2 and update it, but after I succesfully finished the installation, he doesn't say (like normal) "patch", but he says "play"... and when I hit the "play" button, he starts starcraft 2 v.0.2...
The most important thing in starcraft 2 for me is (in the moment) the world editor, which comes with patch 9....
I tried to copy the patch files in an update folder but he doesn't realize it....
And I also tried to download the installer once again (EnGb) but it was senseless :cry:
Is there any way to patch the game manually or force starcraft 2 to update?
Or is it because of the offline servers?
pls help
Andy

Level 4
I am having that problem myself.
You can try the solution given here. It´s a bit of a hassle but it seems to work. At least I could open the editor but it will crash when I try to test my map and will do so also when I start lazy launcher to play solo against AI.

You may also read through the discussion in this thread and check if your Internet Explorer is correctly configured. Well, mine is and it does not work.

If anyone comes up with a better solution, please feel free to tell us.

Level 1
i think the only way to update now is by renaming each patch file to sc2-patch.mpq and run the Blizzard Updater.exe

but there is a easier way to do this
get this tool: http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer
and this .rar: http://www.mediafire.com/?jwytwm1hzn4

now open the tool Renamer and click Preset-->Import and select StarCraft2.rnp which is inside the .rar
next step Preset-->Load-->Stacraft2
now drag all updates where it says drag your files here..
click on name so the patches get sorted(you may need to sort some manually by simply dragging em around)
now click on preview

and it should look somehow like this:

http://yfrog.com/jnrenamerp (these are only 2 patches)

check if everything seems right and click on rename

now copy/move these files to the support folder inside \StarCraft II Beta\
also extract Update.bat into this folder now open Update.bat with a text editor and
change the number 26 to the highest number you got after renaming the patches
for example if the highest is sc2-patch.mpq25 you need to leave it at 26 if its sc2-patch.mpq29 change it to 30
save the .bat and now finally run it
the blizzard updater should start now and apply all patches
if an error occurs you most likey didnt sort the patches correctly

this is probably not the fastest way but still alot faster then renaming each file manually

Level 3
Hey, I can start the world editor :O
but I can't test the map, because it doesn't load, I see only the loadingscreen...
until there thanks, but do you know what reason that could have?
Ah and the update worked without problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.