• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Manual patching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Path 12 Keeps Looping!

So anyway, I've got a problem with Path 12 installing all over and over even after it was succesfully installed. I can't play Starcraft 2 because of it and it seems there's also some kind of tracker erroe here too because it sometimes stops pathing and I have to start all over. Any help people? Should I try to patch it as admin or something?

My post before an Edit (earlier it was called Manual Patching):
I'm having few problems with the updater, It just won't update anything. So I decided to do it manually. Here's the thread about all these problems: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24702265260&sid=5000

It's not the greatest work-around, but you can also force a patch to load. Please note that this is DEFINITELY not supported. It may or may not work, and can easily break your install. If you do this and continue to have issues, you'll need to reinstall before anybody can provide you with further support.

First, you need the patch files. You'll likely need to grab them from a mirror. See the above post for a list.

Now for the tedious part!
Make sure you do each patch in order.

For each file in each patch, do the following:
1) Move/copy the file to the Support folder in your install folder.
2) Rename it to sc2-patch.MPQ
3) Run Blizzard Updater.exe
4) Delete sc2-patch.MPQ.

It shouldn't matter what order you execute these files within each patch version. It's VERY important, however, that each patch is done in order and that you don't miss a file in a patch. If you don't know what you're doing, make a post in the forum about your issue. We'll try fixing it some other way.

So anyway, I don't really understand this, I need your advice people. Firstly, should I do it like this or si it too risky? Secondly, maybe someone alreay did something like this and can explain me more how should I do it. Oh, and the path I need to path is 12th.

Last edited:
Level 4
By some strange reason my patcher crashes on every patch because some invalid file size so I have to patch manually ._. I do it like you said, putting each file that is in Updates folder (usually 4 files with strange names)
into the support folder, rename them to sc2-patch.mpq and run blizzard updater for each file.

After that run the game.

If it still wants to patch but starts looping, go to Versions folder and rename / delete the latest Base folder (with the highest number).
Run the game again, now it should patch normally without any errors :D

Level 27
Sorry for double post.
When I delete the latest "base", some error message appears. What should I do?

The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\Support\SC2Switcher.exe" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x75a3bb9c, actual 0x59c2e20e.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::pTCApply)

This error.

Status
Not open for further replies.