• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Re-Installing SC2 - Avoiding re-patching ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello, after some long time of not having played SC2 WoL I start getting in the mood again, also having a look on its editor and playing the expansions.

However, I own a cd with the release version and installing it means to go through A TON of patches, speaking of 3-4 hours installing.

Does downloading it via the BattleNet client allows me to avoid this patch army, does the client installs the newest versions or do I have to sit out these 3-4 hours ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Does downloading it via the BattleNet client allows me to avoid this patch army, does the client installs the newest versions or do I have to sit out these 3-4 hours ?
Downloading it via the BattleNet client will automatically download you the latest version. This means you will automatically receive StarCraft II 3.0 which is the current version used by Legacy of the Void (it will even show you Artanis on the loading screen). Do note however that this will be several gigabytes to download, probably in the order of 6 to 10 Gigabytes. The reason for the size is because it will have to download all Heart of the Swarm and soon Legacy of the Void assets which cannot be found on the disc. It may even have to download the content of the disc again due to its age (might not be able to recycle).

Due to the licencing model of StarCraft II you will only have access to Wings of Liberty content (campaign and appropriate melee), the full editor (and all campaign mobs for use within) and the full Arcade (which is free to everyone anyway). Each StarCraft II licence is stand alone so you can pickup Heart of the Swarm or Legacy of the Void when ever you want and in what ever order you want.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Downloading it via the BattleNet client will automatically download you the latest version. This means you will automatically receive StarCraft II 3.0 which is the current version used by Legacy of the Void (it will even show you Artanis on the loading screen). Do note however that this will be several gigabytes to download, probably in the order of 6 to 10 Gigabytes. The reason for the size is because it will have to download all Heart of the Swarm and soon Legacy of the Void assets which cannot be found on the disc.
Hm, I understand, sounds as if it will take a looong time anyways.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.