• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

icon newbie question here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
i've got a lot of models and skins, even models+skins where i'm missing icons for because others haven't made them, and in some cases, it wouldn't have been an anticipated need.

well, anyway, i'm starting to make icons and they're maybe not so great, but probably get the job done.

i was wondering about one in particular, though...as it's something i'lltransfer over to my old map...in fact i have to make many new icons for my old map pretty soon so it will look better...anyway...this hero icon...do you think i should redo it? does it look good or does it look bad? just looking for your opinion.

it's basically an icon for a bloodelf demon hunter.
the model was done by Mc !, in case you were wondering.

edit: Nevermind. I was kindof sleepy when asking the question, later on i compared the Icons, all the ones I made with regular Icons, and I think I did a good job. I'm not very familiar with borderizing so if anything's bad with my icon, that's probably about it. i didn't even think of a way to borderize except this one way that i did it. i guess there's a tool but i like the border i made just fine. i see request for screenshots so i'll just link to the icon.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=109928

wasn't there a program called borderizer? do you think i need to use that program? i guess i'll test the map with my current borders and see if anyone complains :p

ok i'm posting a jpg. top row is the first attempt, bottom row is second attempt. i think the first attempt was better :)

Attachments

• BTNBloodHunter.tga
    12 KB · Views: 62
  • DISBTNBloodHunter.tga
    12 KB · Views: 61
  • BloodElfDemonHunterIcons.jpg
    BloodElfDemonHunterIcons.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
In order to do remakes, icons or skins for models you have to have the users discrection or he has to have been inactive for at least 4 months. Do you have either? If not, it cant be submitted.
Secondly, me and a bunch of people, arent going to bother downloading that and converting it. Its a lot of effort to go through for a critique... Try to post jpegs intsead of tgas.

Level 13
actually, i saw the icon next to beastmaster icon and it looks very similiar. i think it's good enough. i did make a different style of icon though, looking like the illidan style icon, and didn't like it much. so i think i did it right the first time. oh and second post, i'll update my original post with screenshots.

also, tga can be viewed by free program irfanview so i assumed since it was not blp format it should be fine. didn't know you'd want jpg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.