• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Modifying/Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone, I am attempting a project based on Command & Conqure. I was making a test map for the resource tiberium (not sure if this has been done before, probably has...) and I am having trouble with custom icons, expecially for passive and autocast. I know that i can most likely download active icons from websites, but no one makes passive/autocast. I am modifying phaseshift for a "chrono miner" (see red alert 2) and i found a great autocast template. Yet i don't know how to open and edit it to create my own icon. Can you guys give me suggestions. I may also need help in the future with this map...

Thanks in advance :)

Level 5
...I want to make my own icon, but i do not know how to.
You do not understand me :?

Level 24
well if you want to make your on Icon you would need some sought of image editing program. I use Fireworks for all my image editing but it costs about 1500$ Australian Dollars. You would need some kind of border to make them fit in with the game. I belive I made a sticky that has all the Icons and the WoW Icon Border. And when importing them make sure the path is

Code:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNIconName.blp
and
Code:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNIconName.blp
for the Disabled Icon if you want one. I'm not sure if thats the correct path though, I think it is though.

Anyway this should be in the Recources and Importing Forum.

Level 5
I believe i have an older version of photoshop, and i have tried ACDSee, but it didn't read the file. I have not tried it with photoshop but I might as well.

But if you have the softwear (bet you can guess where i'm going :p) and you wouldn't mind...Can you make me an autocast icon (i'll provide template) of a silver rimmed stopwatch (blue face and dark blue hands) on a dark cyan background (ie for a time travel sort of thing). If you can and wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate that and I will give you credit for it. Thanks in advanced :)

Attachments

• autocast_icon_template_starter_814.blp
    3.3 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.