• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Event - Unit Casts Ability, not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello all.

I have a bit of an issue. I'm creating a new ability that utilizes triggers to apply a new effect to an existing spell. In this case, I'm attempting to add a hidden Spellbook passive ability to my hero whenever the hero has an auto-casting spell active.

My problem is that the following trigger does not seem to be working:

Events
Unit begins casting an ability

Conditions
Ability being cast is equal to Incinerate (Arrow)

Actions
Various actions that would add a disabled spellbook with a passive ability - this isn't a problem for me

When my hero activates Incinerate, the actions are not occuring. Any clue as to why?

EDIT: I seem to have narrowed down the problem. I have been using ranged autocast abilities for a melee hero. The hero does not even use the autocast ability upon melee attack. I cannot think of any autocast ability that works on melee. Any solutions?

Level 5
When you activate an attack-enhancing to be auto-cast, you can't detect it when your unit uses it, because it is considered as an attack, and not a spell. It will only work when the player manually casts the spell. I don't know any way to detect it when it is auto-cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.