• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Icon Art] Ability & Spell scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, i've been working on a little something. I've always liked that everything about this map is as custom and original as it almost can get. And now even with custom voicing and intro cinematics! Mind = Blown. :goblin_boom:

Anyhow! I've begun to create custom icons for all the Ability Scrolls in the game, because i didn't like the boring standard icon. Tell me what you think.

Scroll: Revenge
cz7vsjy.png

Ability: Revenge
wxizJWl.jpg

Level 7
I've always wanted more custom inventory icons for our equipment. They don't need to be super fancy, but its kinda disappointing that we're using generic icons, and now we're reusing ones from earlier in the game as well.

As long as its not a data issue, I'd fully support new icons for just about everything in the game :p.

Level 4
Exactly my thoughts. I'm currently drawing the ability scrolls - fully custom equipment icons that represent the attachement of the item - is my big dream. I think it would give much *crispiness* to the already *awesomeness* of Gaia's.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I really like the idea and your specific icon looks good. However, a version where the ability icon on the scroll is a bit larger will be better, simply for the easier recognition.

On second thought, I am watching this on a smartphone so what I suggested may be a flawed opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.