• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ability without icon {removing (hiding) an ability icon}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Does somebody know how can i remove the icon from an ability (let's say Evasion for example) ?

And not by setting "Art - Icon -Normal - NONE" because if i do so, there will be NO black button position, but "Green Icon".

I know that if i make new custom ability based on "Item damage/armor bonus + etc" it will work since it won't use an icon by default, but i want to make an ability based on others like Vampiric Aura, Critical Strike, Evasion etc.

Level 9
Elmo: if i do this, the ability will still take one of the free "icons spaces" (i do not know how to name them, just look at the image)
DarkAngelAzazel: it will take a "space", that`s what i was saying, so noot good.
Slayer: i don't quite understand but i don't think it will work anyway and it's hard to be implemented. The ability im't talking about will only be an item-ability, so only when you pick a item the unit will have the ability.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,911
Level 12
For Passive abilities, put them into a spellbook and then hide the spellbook upon initialization like was said above.

The spellbook will take up a space, but won't be seen, and won't be selectable or anything, but you can have essentially infinite passives within the spellbook (if you add more spellbooks to the initial spellbook). it's really quite useful.

Level 4
Isnt this what the "abilities-normal" is for? like sphere or others. you have hme but they don't fill any spaces

ofc, if it is supposed to be item related just look at the post above

Level 9
Vizel: i want unit to be able to drop unit (and if so, it will lose the ability provided by the item, of course). I do not want the items to permanent, i want them to be droppables.

SlayerII: "omg give the ability to the item" ?!...

And now, to be understood by everyone who hants to help:
1. I want to make an ability based on an existing one, not to modify an ability.
2. Only the ability based on an "Attack / Defense Bonus +x" ability won't request a "field/hole/however you call the black square"
3. this ability i want to make will be ONLY provided by an item ( if the unit does not have the item, it won't have the ability. If the unit picks up the item, it will gain the ability. If the unit drops the item, the ability will be lost for that unit)

Level 12
Then you need to give the ability to the item. But if I remember, that will still appear on the icon tray...but I don't remember.

If that happens, then you need to set it up into a spellbook like I said, and have it set so that when the item is removed, the effect is turned off or something along those lines.

Level 10
well give the item the ability that is supposed to be given to the unit that holds the item.. for an example you have a item that is supposed to give 10% life steal and 5 str, just give the item the spells that grants life steal (modify to 10%) and the item + str thing modified to 5

Level 9
y as i said:)
create a item and a abilty evasion
then change at the ability:
"is a item abilyty true" to true
give the ability on the item
and give the item where you want it to be there wouldnt be a icon on th eunit and the abilty is removed.

There is already a standart item which does this:grin:

And yes THEN YOU DONT HAVE A BLACK ITEM AND ITS ONLY PROVIDED AS LONG YOU HAVE THE ITEM

Level 9
SlayerII: Finally! Thanks mate that's just what i needed.

So, if anyone will have this problem, simple set "Is Item Ability" to TRUE.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.