• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability without icon

Level 3
Hello everyone! I am making an ability, which after using it gives all allies around bonus dmg (which they get cuz the ability is based on Roar) and also has to give attack speed and crit rate. For attack speed I made a custom ability based on Tauren Chieftain aura (just removed the numbers for move speed). So, I give this aura with triggers after a hero is pressing the ability button (which gives dmg only), but since i add aura with triggers, hero gets an icon of this aura, which has a green square. And i don't need any icon at all.
So is there a way to add other effect (aura of attack speed) without an icon taking slot in abilities?
And how can i add crit rate to all units nearby?

Give the ability to a Dummy unit, move the dummy unit to the position of the caster every 0.01 seconds or something and then just add an expiration timer to the Dummy for the length of the duration. The only issue is with dispels that only hit some of the units but not all. So you're better using an ability like bloodlust for the AS and then creating a dummy that casts it on all affected units.

Level 3
There is a trick to hide icons in the command card, you place your ability inside a spellbook ability, give this to your unit, and then create a trigger that disables the spellbook ability for the player. That way it is invisible but still applied on your unit
thank you! but, see, like the aura that gives attack speed must be temporary, only for duration of ability (15 sec), and all other buffs like damage and crit rate have to last only 15 sec

Level 3
Give the ability to a Dummy unit, move the dummy unit to the position of the caster every 0.01 seconds or something and then just add an expiration timer to the Dummy for the length of the duration. The only issue is with dispels that only hit some of the units but not all. So you're better using an ability like bloodlust for the AS and then creating a dummy that casts it on all affected units.
thank you for the reply! moving a unit every 0.01 sec is kinda what i thought about but hoped for the best (that it would be easier than that haha). And don't you know anything about like "aura that will give critical dmg for duration of ability" by any chance?

thank you for the reply! moving a unit every 0.01 sec is kinda what i thought about but hoped for the best (that it would be easier than that haha). And don't you know anything about like "aura that will give critical dmg for duration of ability" by any chance?
Nope, your best bet is iterating over all units with the buff and adding Critical strike to them, then when the effect expires removing the ability. Then all you need to do is hide the ability. on each unit which can be done in various ways :)

Also please don't double post and use the EDIT button at the bottom of your post instead.

Level 3
Nope, your best bet is iterating over all units with the buff and adding Critical strike to them, then when the effect expires removing the ability. Then all you need to do is hide the ability. on each unit which can be done in various ways :)

Also please don't double post and use the EDIT button at the bottom of your post instead.
Thank you for an advice! And sorry didn't quite get what double posting means. Like, not "reply" but "edit"?
UPD: i hope anyone will get notified that I add stuff then XD

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If you're willing to learn, there's pretty powerful systems out there that will give you total control over these types of things:

You can get all of these stat bonuses to be timed and buff-less with 3 simple Actions. No need to create anything new in the Object Editor either, besides your main ability.

Level 12
for me it works
Screenshot (13).png

when do you shift ? you need to shift and click on the DataField you wanna change not when putting numbers in xD