• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hidden Ability Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright, here's the deal. In the map I'm making, one of the heroes has standard 3 hero + 1 ultimate ability, however, one of those standard spells is actually supposed to give him 6 different auras, all at once. The ability is a placeholder, and one trigger adds those auras (which are set to be unit abilities), another one levels them each time the placeholder ability is leveled.

My question is this, however, how do I hide the icons of those auras? I've read somewhere that I can use spellbook ability to hide them, but how would I go about leveling them, if they are hidden inside a disabled spellbook?

Level 37
To hide the spellbook use this:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Disable Spell Book 2 for (Player((Integer A)))

• Unit - Set level of *ability* for (Triggering unit) to level of ability + 1
That works for hidden abilities inside spellbook too.

You may have to use two spellbooks, 6 abilities inside one spellbook may not work.

Level 1
Maker, thanks a bunch, I wasn't sure if the leveling would work inside the disabled spellbook.
Soulburn, google's site search didn't show anything that would help, that's why I started this. Thanks for the link, however.

Level 8
Don't use google, use THW search engine. Actaully, it's powered by google, i guess haha. But only search our forums instead the whole net.

Status
Not open for further replies.