• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with Spellbooks and Disabled Spellbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm using a disabled spellbook trick to create more buffs in my map (using auras within the disabled spellbook).

However, I noticed a little problem when these disabled spellbooks are removed from a unit:
- If the unit already has a spellbook ability (even with a different Base Order ID), the player will exit the spellbook (if toogled) when other disabled spellbooks are removed.

The spellbook is not removed, it will just be exited as if canceled if the player is toogling what's inside.

Made sense? :/

I will be soooo happy if there is a solution to the problem!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Level 8
A re-open function should only be triggered if the unit is toogling the spellbook. Otherwise the spellbook will just seem to randomly open by itself.

Is there a way to detect that?

Level 8
"A unit starts the effect of an abiliy"
"ability being cast is equal to spell book"

That's not what I ment.

The spellbook should only be re-opened IF the player is toogling the spellbook. Otherwise the spellbook will open whenever a custom buff (using disabled spellbooks) runs out - at that point the spellbook would seem to randomly open uncommanded.

If I am to make this trigger, I need a way to detect if a player is toogling the spellbook.

Level 8
Just tried putting Slow Aura into my triggers and it works perfectly! ^^

I consider my problem solved. Thank you all for looking into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.