• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Disabling a Spell Inside a Spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

I'm trying to disable a spell for the player using SetPlayerAbilityAvailable. The spell in question is inside of a spellbook and it is still available for casting. Has anyone else tried doing something like this, and is there a way to do this without having dummy spellbooks for every spell I want to disable?

Level 13
That's weird... well, I just added a custom holy light, based on the item version, to a spell book, and disabled it using that function you mentioned in your first post. It works. What ability is your spell based off?

Note: You can also remove the ability itself from the unit. Whenever you want to add it back, remove and add the spell book instead. It should be there. However, this way is too much trouble, because the user would notice the spell book page being closed. Also, you'd have to keep track of every spell level in such spell book, set their levels back, and "remove" the disabled ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.