• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was working on my RPG and stumbled upon spellbooks, the option to more skills.

As experience of working on spellbook was not so in-depth, i would like to ask about spellbooks.

Questions:
1)Does a spellbook level automatically or manually and how so?
2)Does a spellbook's level determines the level of the abilities inside, each one of them?
3)How do you level a spellbook? ways of doing it? (Preferred in GUI)
4)If i have 5spells and each of them hero classified( i can change to unit ), I want them to be inside a spellbook with their individual levels and leveling through the basic abilities tab, how would I go about doing it?
5)Contrary to question 4, I had an idea of removing learnt abilities and enable that spell in a given spellbook with disabled spells, will i be able to level it by using triggers and most importantly will it work?

Level 16
2) No, in the Object Editor, each level in the spell book at the Spell List field, you add normal abilities; so if you want to upgrade the level of the ability you need to, create 3 normal ability and the weakest one at level 1 spellbook Spell List field and at spellbook Spell List level 2 field add the more powerful one and so on.

1) The spellbook doesn't level automatically, like no spell with 1 level(s).
4)
  • Level up
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit gains a level
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Increase level of (your ability) for (Triggering unit)
This will increase the level of the abilities included within the spell book.
3) It has to do with your question answered above; but, levelling a spellbook won't have any effect, since the spellbook's level doesn't affect the spells' levels included within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.