• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to adding an ability to a hero with hidden icon? {Evasion as an active ability}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all

i think this has been asked a lot of times, still i didn't find it here, at least not with the search words i tried.

let me to explain u what i m looking for exactly .

" i want to have an ability and when my hero uses it. it gives him % evasion . "

i have tried some ways , best way which i had found is using a dummy ability . when hero uses it.. i add a evasion ability ( like what demon hunter has ) and remove it after a time all with tirggers . it works fine the only problem is . i do not want to see evasion icon like an passive aura in my hero icons .

how i can add this passive ability to my hero without seeing the icon ?

Level 7
That an easy one m8.
Change the icon of the added spell to none. That way you can't see the icon for the spell, but it still will be there.

Edit: Nope that dosen't work give me a sec and I can make you a whole black icon to use for it.

Edit 2: Here use this black icon for the spell that should make it looks like there isen't a spell.

Attachments

• DISPASBTNBlackIcon.BLP.blp
    770 bytes · Views: 90
Level 11
No, that'll give you either a bright green box or sammy's head as an icon. You need to make an ability based on Spellbook, add your passive ability to that spellbook, and disable the spellbook in map options. Someone'll explain if you don't know how to do any of that.

Level 2
ty for quike answers .. think i just need to know how to disable spellbook ..

darkxs .thnx alot about that black icon but the icon is still there.. im waiting to see how i can disable spell book as how meticulous said. if that helps me to give my ability to hero just without using any icons.. thats what i want. else i think using ur black icon is my only way :)

thanx and nvm :) i did that with "
"Player - Disable Ability for Player".
worked as what exactly i wanted.. cheer ..

Last edited:
Level 8
Spellbooks are the way to go.

To disable an ability, in the case your spellbook, you must make a trigger. The action you need is in '- actions->Player' to disable an ability for a player. Make a trigger for each regarding player.

Any unit with your spellbook ability will have any spells inside the spellbook but won't see the spellbook's icon. Any passive abilities in the book will be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.