• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell icon isn't showing up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making a hero for my campaign, and he has an aura that increases strength. It's based off an item ability. Everything works fine, except when I research the ability it's icon won't show up. Here's the map: View attachment Blood Elf Swordsman.w3x So, does anyone know why the icon isn't showing up? Or am I just terrible at the object editor?

Level 18
DragoonZombie said:
Item skills never show up on the UI.

If it were that easy then there would be no need for the disabled spellbook glitch. Certain item abilities still show up on the UI.

What you've done is tried to display an item stat bonus, which typically does not show up on the UI (such as Blades of Attack, Boots of Speed, etc.). Try basing the ability off of Attribute Bonus instead and it should properly be displayed on the UI. However, neither of these options will emit a "strength aura" that increases nearby allied units' strength --you would need to go to a little more effort for that.

Last edited:
Level 5
If it were that easy then there would be no need for the disabled spellbook glitch. Certain item abilities still show up on the UI.

What you've done is tried to display an item stat bonus, which typically does not show up on the UI (such as Blades of Attack, Boots of Speed, etc.). Try basing the ability off of Attribute Bonus instead and it should properly be displayed on the UI. However, neither of these options will emit a "strength aura" that increases nearby allied units' strength --you would need to go to a little more effort for that.

I only wanted the hero to get a strength bonus. Thanks for the help, I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.