• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Icon Doesn't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Exactly what it says, there are some of my spells/passives/auras icons that doesn't show up.

Like Health regen Passive.
It's taken from an item and made into a hero spell, it have a Icon in World Editior but it doesn't show up on there unit/hero.

Same goes for Slow [Tornado] that I wanted to use as an aura, the Icon doesn't show up on the unit/hero.

Level 9
Exactly what it says, there are some of my spells/passives/auras.

Like Health regen Passive.
It's taken from an item and made into a hero spell, it have a Icon in World Editior but it doesn't show up on there unit/hero.

Same goes for Slow [Tornado] that I wanted to use as an aura, the Icon doesn't show up on the unit/hero.

most of the item abilities doesnt show up ^^ you either have to make dummy skills to show the icon or choose another ability^^

Level 33
When that skill is learned, add dummy ability to it, showing the ability "exist", but that ability is just a dummy icon, it does nothing except having tooltips to explain the hidden ability.

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Add Damage (Dummy Ability)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Add Damage (Hidden) to (Triggering unit)
You can base on abilities that are passive such as Critical Strike but of course, edit the base ability first, you don't want your unit to suddenly hits a Critical Strike lol.

Level 6
How do th- what? Sir can you elaborate your question? I really cannot understand it. Sorry.

Level 33
Unit Skills ?
You can't learn unit skills normally via the red mark lol.
At the map initialization, pick all units that has the Unit Ability, if it has, add dummy ability (Icon) to the unit.

Let's say this unit has Add Damage ability (Unit Ability).
It does not show right ?

Well;
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Add Damage (Hidden) for (Picked unit)) Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Add Damage (Dummy) to (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.