• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill icon not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I made a hero with a passive skill based off of Item Attack Corruption Bonus for it's -Armor effect. However, whenever I learn the skill, the icon doesn't show up. Is it because I am using Item Attack Corruption Bonus as my base ability? If so, is there another ability I can base the skill off of, or do I have to run an attack/damage check with triggers?

Edit: or, since it's passive, should I set up a dummy passive whose level is adjusted each time you level the skill?

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I use 0% Bash for my dummy passives and add the orb ability/level the orb ability with a trigger that fires when the skill is learnt.

Keep in mind that, for a unit that does Metamorphosis or Chemical Rage or something else that transitions between forms, that trigger-added ability will be erased as the transforming is bugged to reset to the default unit.

Level 6
Okay, thanks for the help. That explains why I double-checked everything else, made sure I had icons entered in, made sure the icon was in the right coordinates, made sure the hero had the right skill, etc. and it still wouldn't show up.

Edit: Uh-oh. If the hero already has a bash skill, will the bash dummy skill interfere with the actual skill?

Edit 2: Tested. Seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.