• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero abilities not showing up when made from items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
While certain attribute skills I think the problem is made from tomes accidentally, I also have the "gloves of haste" and "boots of speed" which i turned into a hero skill thinking this was the way to have passive increased speed for the hero when learned. However instead the icon does not show up when researched.

I want it to appear like any other skill.

Edit: I mean the icon won't show up after it's learned, therefore you cannot tell if the skill is in effect or not.

Level 13
Yeah that's normal with item abilties.
Create another passive ability which does nothing and name it the way you want.
Then create a trigger which does:

Event: Unit learns ability
condition: Abiltiy = "item ability"
Action: Add "NothingDoingPassiveAbilty" to triggering unit

That should solve the problem

Level 3
Ah so basically overlaps one ability on top of another? Like putting a sticker on top of another sticker?

Also what is the "NothingDoingPassiveAbilty" thing?

Level 9
it depends at how u add the ability, but far as i understod u add pasive at your hero so you need somthing like this
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Critical to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Critical for (Triggering unit) to 1

This is last trigger help who i am giving without map, correct explaining the problem and not reading the tutorials. Next time my help will look like this "add the ability and set it to lvl 1"

Level 12
You need to make a dummy ability that reflects the item ability, and update it with triggers as you progress it.

Item abilities are pretty much hidden from the game interface.

Level 3
Ah thanks, I'll consider this solved then... though mostly due to moving on to a new map scheme/theme changes the need for this.

Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.