• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item > Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
HOw can I make an item ability a hero ability ?meaning,I already changed that "hero ability - True",Changed the Icon position of research and normal, but when I enter the game,press "O" to learn skill,the skill is not there...I mean,Not there,like no skill for be learned,nothing,just black as nothing

Yes that is main problem about item spell, most of them cannot be used like hero ability, but here is little suggestionn about passive item abilities as hero abilities.
Make channel spell-and make trigger: when spell is learned, leared spell is channel then add you pasive item spell.
Btw I think to item abylities are visible if they are now only unit spells

hdm

hdm

Level 9
You didn't understand me or I didin't understand u,I wont an Item with ability and yes a hero with item ability

hdm

hdm

Level 9
I'm talking aabout BeatMySkill,ur way for my problem worked :D,but i did some things diferents

Level 19
Most of the item abilities do not show into the command buttons UI, for that you'll need to use a dummy ability (bash, critical strike), when learned, the dummy ability should add no effect to your unit, then by triggering add the item ability you'd like to have its effects on the Hero.

That, you'll have the passive effects of it and a icon using the dummy ability. Yes, it takes 2 abilities to do it, but its the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.