• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Disabled Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need help with custom Icons for a passive ability. I made an Icon named "Secondo" that has all the files BLP PAS, DISPAS ect... I put them in their own folder and i edited the ability like that.

Art - Icon - Normal : ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNSecondo.blp

And so far it works, the ability appears in the box.
But when i put the requirement in Techtree the icon ability goes green and i don't understand what i've done wrong, i tried reading some stuff but seems all good to me.

Can somebody help me please?

Level 9
I need help with custom Icons for a passive ability. I made an Icon named "Secondo" that has all the files BLP PAS, DISPAS ect... I put them in their own folder and i edited the ability like that.

Art - Icon - Normal : ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNSecondo.blp

And so far it works, the ability appears in the box.
But when i put the requirement in Techtree the icon ability goes green and i don't understand what i've done wrong, i tried reading some stuff but seems all good to me.

Can somebody help me please?
Well do the icons work ingame? As in all of them?

Level 2
Well do the icons work ingame? As in all of them?

Thanks a lot for the response. The icons works all ingame, they are nice and clear to see but when i put the Requirement Tetchtree, the green box appears, also when i pause the Menù as the game can't find the Disabled Icon, but the icon itself works, i put the disabled icon as test as the main one and it actually appeared, but when i use again the normal one "PASBTNSecondo.blp" it doesn't found the "DISPASBTNSecondo.blp" i don't understand the reason because the disabled one is in the right folder...
I don't know what to do, i'm stuck, please help me. xD

Also i use a old program for the conversion maybe its this... name's Button Manager v1.8.2

I'll send some screens hoping to make you understand better since i'm not great with english.

Attachments

• Disabled Icon As Main Icon.png
    Disabled Icon As Main Icon.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 154
  • Main Icon.png
    Main Icon.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
  • Menù Disabled Icon.png
    Menù Disabled Icon.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 168
  • With Required TechTree.png
    With Required TechTree.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 108
  • Custom Icon List.PNG
    Custom Icon List.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Art - list.PNG
    Art - list.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks a lot for the response. The icons works all ingame, they are nice and clear to see but when i put the Requirement Tetchtree, the green box appears, also when i pause the Menù as the game can't find the Disabled Icon, but the icon itself works, i put the disabled icon as test as the main one and it actually appeared, but when i use again the normal one "PASBTNSecondo.blp" it doesn't found the "DISPASBTNSecondo.blp" i don't understand the reason because the disabled one is in the right folder...
I don't know what to do, i'm stuck, please help me. xD

Also i use a old program for the conversion maybe its this... name's Button Manager v1.8.2

I'll send some screens hoping to make you understand better since i'm not great with english.
Well this problem is quite simple and i can still see that your new to warcraft:psmile::psmile::psmile:
so i will just make this simple for you to understand first of all the reason why the icons turn green when you pause the game or add it to a researches or upgrades or add it to a techtree is that you may have not imported the DIS files of those icons (DISBTN OR DISPAS depending on what kind of icon you downloaded)usually when you download an icon it always have a DIS file together with the icon you downloaded and in your situation in the Second and Third screenshot is that the passive ability has no DISPAS that is why it turns green when pause the game what you need to do is Import the the PAS and the DISPAS for example: PASHeadshot.blp and the DISPASHeadshot.blp when you imported it in the Import Manager the Importh Path must Look like this: ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASHeadshot.blp and ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASHeadshot.blp
but usually you can just try to just delete the "war3mapimported" in the the Importh path and it should just look like this: PASHeadshot.blp but not the DISPAS the DISPAS must look like the one i just typed and when you add it to the Art - Icon it should be the PASHeadshot.blp not the DISPAS and if you however created your icon through the Button Manager i think you just need to CONVERT IT AGAIN (for example you have created a DISPAS for your PASHeadshot.blp) the PASHeadshot.blp must be converted to a Passive button through the Button Manager i know its already a passive button but i think you need to convert it through the Button Manager so the PAS and DISPAS would have the same file directory i think that's what it is called and importh both of them in the WE with the custom paths i just created above i dont really know if this works but i think its worth the shot? hope this helped:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
Well this problem is quite simple and i can still see that your new to warcraft:psmile::psmile::psmile:
so i will just make this simple for you to understand first of all the reason why the icons turn green when you pause the game or add it to a researches or upgrades or add it to a techtree is that you may have not imported the DIS files of those icons (DISBTN OR DISPAS depending on what kind of icon you downloaded)usually when you download an icon it always have a DIS file together with the icon you downloaded and in your situation in the Second and Third screenshot is that the passive ability has no DISPAS that is why it turns green when pause the game what you need to do is Import the the PAS and the DISPAS for example: PASHeadshot.blp and the DISPASHeadshot.blp when you imported it in the Import Manager the Importh Path must Look like this: ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASHeadshot.blp and ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASHeadshot.blp
but usually you can just try to just delete the "war3mapimported" in the the Importh path and it should just look like this: PASHeadshot.blp but not the DISPAS the DISPAS must look like the one i just typed and when you add it to the Art - Icon it should be the PASHeadshot.blp not the DISPAS and if you however created your icon through the Button Manager i think you just need to CONVERT IT AGAIN (for example you have created a DISPAS for your PASHeadshot.blp) the PASHeadshot.blp must be converted to a Passive button through the Button Manager i know its already a passive button but i think you need to convert it through the Button Manager so the PAS and DISPAS would have the same file directory i think that's what it is called and importh both of them in the WE with the custom paths i just created above i dont really know if this works but i think its worth the shot? hope this helped:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

i discovered that i'm stupid af, the problem was one letter, literally one letter i put "DISPASBTNecond" instead of "DISPASBTNSecond" all my fault, i'm so sorry. Now it works perfectly also thanks tho for conferming the path for the import, so i can try with other icons when i'll make them.

I'm not new of Warcraft 3 but i'm new with the Editor and i'm having tons of issues with it, also cause my knowledge of triggers its aweful. if you have any tips for that i would appriciate it alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.