• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Custom Icon vs. Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have an ability that has a tech requirement. It has a custom icon. Before being researched, it comes up as the green square like it has no icon on the unit with that ability.

I have the disabled icon image file imported (with the DIS before the regular name), but can't figure out where to put it. I checked out a ton of tech required abilities from melee, and checked in advanced > gameplay interface...

Also this happens with other abilities with custom icons when you hit a menu button.

Thanks in advance!

Level 25
It's about the path to these icons.
"active" icons have to have path: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\<name>.blp"
"disabled" icons have to have path: "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\<name>.blp"

Most of the time, icon names also contain the BTN (active) and DISBTN (disabled) prefixes.

Level 2
I renamed my custom icon files, and carefully imported them, changing paths.

I now have

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\ArcaniteShield.blp

and

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\ArcaniteShield.blp

but icon still shows up as green square when disabled or menu open.

Is there anywhere in the WO I can set what the disabled icon should be?

Last edited:
Level 2
Ohhhh

Sorry, I get it now. I thought the disabled button and the regular one had to have exact same file name, diff path... it works fine with the BTN DISBTN before file name.... thanks for the help, Nichilus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.