• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported Disabled Icon Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have an item that I'm using a custom icon for, it's working great, my only problem is that when the game is paused it shows the item as this ugly green square in the inventory. I figured what the game does is shows the disabled version of the icon when a game menu is opened, the problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to set the disabled icon to the item for when the game menu is open. Any help?

Level 4
You should have a disabled icon for every custom icon you have because that disabled icon shall appear when doing pause or when an ability is unable to learn by a hero.You can simply edit your custom icon using microsoft office picture manager by reducing its brightness.Then save as...

Just remember that when you import the disabled icon,use custom path.Do this by double- clicking the file and check custom path.

Use this path:

ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/<Your icon name along with the prefix>

Level 6
You should have a disabled icon for every custom icon you have because that disabled icon shall appear when doing pause or when an ability is unable to learn by a hero.You can simply edit your custom icon using microsoft office picture manager by reducing its brightness.Then save as...

Just remember that when you import the disabled icon,use custom path.Do this by double- clicking the file and check custom path.

Use this path:

ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/<Your icon name along with the prefix>

Ahh, thank you, sir! I'll try that and see what happens. I love your signature BTW!

Edit: I changed the file path but it still shows a green square on the item when the game is paused. Here's what I have, let me know if there is any errors.

Icon_Imports.jpg

Last edited:
Level 25
The file paths are correct. Judging from the DISBTN being 0 KB, it looks like it's corrupt. Try right-clicking the file in the import manager and replacing it with the same file you imported. If it still shows 0 KB as its file size, you should run the BTN file through Button Manager to get a working DISBTN.

Level 22
Here is an example of a working imported icon.
The two blp files (named BTN_forceStaff.blp and DISBTN_forceStaff.blp) are imported with the path:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTN_forceStaff.blp
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTN_forceStaff.blp

To check if your file is corrupted, try opening it with warcraft 3 viewer.

Level 6
The file paths are correct. Judging from the DISBTN being 0 KB, it looks like it's corrupt. Try right-clicking the file in the import manager and replacing it with the same file you imported. If it still shows 0 KB as its file size, you should run the BTN file through Button Manager to get a working DISBTN.

Awesome, you were right! It was corrupted and running it through that program fixed it and is now showing in-game correctly! It also made it smaller, now it's only 3kb :D

Status
Not open for further replies.