• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ice Crown

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
~Only Playable In Patch 1.29 or Future Patch~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original map created by Blizzard Entertainment

Credit goes to Blizzard Entertainment

Original map name "Ice Crown"

Edited by me

24 players with balanced resources
doesn't well balanced

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing with AI or Computer maybe still have some bug
Contents

Ice Crown (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
MODERATOR NOTE : Only playable in 1.29 PTR ====== I don't think this is well balanced, as there's an insufficient amount of expo for it to be acceptable as melee (24*2 = 48 gold mines in entire map at minimum)
WolfFarkas
Hello there, with all respect to your submition, I am not writting only to you, I am wrtitting to the Hive itself To the Moderators/Map Reviewers/ Users Acording to the rules of the site, a map needs to have some work. You can take a pre-existing...
deepstrasz
Listen, I'm all for 24s but this, is just an edit. It's not even comparable to porting a quality icon from Heroes of the Storm to Warcraft III. Set to Substandard. ========================================================== Always check/recheck the...
Level 29
Hello there, with all respect to your submition, I am not writting only to you, I am wrtitting to the Hive itself

To the Moderators/Map Reviewers/ Users

Acording to the rules of the site, a map needs to have some work. You can take a pre-existing melee map and submit it as an altered melee map if you changed 1 race.

For melee maps category, the melee maps must be made from 0. All maps of the melee mappers are made from 0.
Take a blizzard pre-existing melee map and submit it as melee map is not allowed.

I am a melee mapper, if this kind of submition is allowed, in that case to increase the amount of maps in my profile I just need to take the 4 player melee maps and convert them in 3vs 3 melee maps. Thats not the idea.

A proper 24 player melee map should be made from 0, mirrowing and in 480x480 (or the new sizes developed by Blizzard)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
MODERATOR NOTE : Only playable in 1.29 PTR
======
I don't think this is well balanced, as there's an insufficient amount of expo for it to be acceptable as melee (24*2 = 48 gold mines in entire map at minimum)

yeah... i knew it, but 48 gold mine maybe was to much for that little map with 24 players

Hello there, with all respect to your submition, I am not writting only to you, I am wrtitting to the Hive itself

To the Moderators/Map Reviewers/ Users

Acording to the rules of the site, a map needs to have some work. You can take a pre-existing melee map and submit it as an altered melee map if you changed 1 race.

For melee maps category, the melee maps must be made from 0. All maps of the melee mappers are made from 0.
Take a blizzard pre-existing melee map and submit it as melee map is not allowed.

I am a melee mapper, if this kind of submition is allowed, in that case to increase the amount of maps in my profile I just need to take the 4 player melee maps and convert them in 3vs 3 melee maps. Thats not the idea.

A proper 24 player melee map should be made from 0, mirrowing and in 480x480 (or the new sizes developed by Blizzard)

I have read the submission rules

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm add this map to HiveWorkshop because maybe there's a lot people excited and want to play warcraft 3 with 24 players map

Level 29
yeah... i knew it, but 48 gold mine maybe was to much for that little map with 24 players

I have read the submission rules

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm add this map to HiveWorkshop because maybe there's a lot people excited and want to play warcraft 3 with 24 players map

The thing is all melee mappers here made the maps from 0, only because the 1.29 expantion allows to add 24 players doesn´t change the fact that add 16 starting positions is not called work (lets be honest it requires 10 mins or even less) and is the same thing to take a 4 player melee map and add 4 starting positions and say = a 8 player melee map. Also as Daffa the Mage said this kind of submitions destroys the original balance of the map wich is the most important thing for melee.

Also if you upload this, another user can upload the same and we will get copies nobody can reclaim authory. What avoids users to upload the same for the melee category is that melee maps are made from 0.

It is not to me to decide the approve or not of this submition, but I want to manifest my opinion of what can affect this kind of submition in the quality of the melee comunity in the Hive. Is just to avoid a lot of copies of blizzard maps with adding starting positions.

With all respect to your submition of course, and with no intention to ofense, my comments are just melee talk because you tagged it as melee.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Listen, I'm all for 24s but this, is just an edit. It's not even comparable to porting a quality icon from Heroes of the Storm to Warcraft III.

Set to Substandard.

==========================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 29
sugestion: learn how to design maps, read tutorials, study others melee maps, read reviews of melee maps and design your own melee maps, start first with the easy ones a couple of 1vs1 then a 4 player, then when got more experience in the basics a 6-8 and only when you think you are a pro a 12 (I made 14 maps and I didn´t design a 6 player melee map yet)