• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want Sacrifical Pit to house multiple Sacrifice spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
In addition of Acolyte -> Shade there will be
Skeleton Warrior -> Skeleton Captain
Skeletal Archer -> Skeletal Marksman
etc. you got the idea.

Ive found this system (at attached map) made by Nichilus in the depths of the forum somewhere but
Code:
====================================
== THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT SUPPORT ==

a) More than 1 type of Sacrifice-type spell on the same unit-type
Both the original (undead) Sacrifice and the custom Sacrifice share same spell ID. If unit/building has both these spells, they will conflict with each other.
Well i required that.
Can you give idea as on what must be edited, would changing only the spell id suffice ? (prolly not, hence i ask)

An additional question i have, is it possible for three ghouls to be sacrificed at the pit to be merged into one abomination ? By default it works one unit type to the other. Is there a way to store the steps of this ? (checks ?/3 ghouls are in the altar, when hits 3 summons one abomination)

Attachments

• Custom Sacrifice version 1.02.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Base the abilities on Channel and code it yourself; it shouldn't be hard to kill 1 unit and create 1 unit, which I think is all that Sacrifice does

Level 25
It's Nichilus :/ The 'c' is not silent :D

Base the abilities on Channel and code it yourself; it shouldn't be hard to kill 1 unit and create 1 unit, which I think is all that Sacrifice does
The map I made tries to imitate original sacrifice as much as possible, meaning it trains the unit, you can stop training that whenever you want, etc.
Now I don't know what was the reason, but I made it to support multiple of these spells, but on different buildings/units (one type of spell for one unit-type and structure-type). To be able to catch when unit is supposed to be sacrificed, I needed to catch given orders, hence I used for all these spells sacrifice and requestsacrifice orders (these won't collide with anything in game by chance).
For this reason it won't work correctly if you change orders of those abilities - the system won't check if you have enough resources for the unit, if it is correct unit, etc.

A solution could be to also add an array for orders which you fill upon map initialization. That way you could differentiate various types of sacrifice. Of course the system would get a bit more complicated as it would require searching for orders whenever any order is given.

You could write me what you want and I could take a look and remake the system to fit your needs. Can't guarantee I will do it without first knowing what exactly you want.

An additional question i have, is it possible for three ghouls to be sacrificed at the pit to be merged into one abomination ? By default it works one unit type to the other. Is there a way to store the steps of this ? (checks ?/3 ghouls are in the altar, when hits 3 summons one abomination)
It should be possible. You could utilize the "Battle Stations" ability which is used by orc peons to enter orc burrow structure. Since Battle Station only enables certain unit-type to enter (specified by the ability) you could change it to enable only Ghouls to enter. Then it is about making a system which catches when unit enters the altar and saving it and when altar tries to create abomination you check if you have enough ghouls inside.
The advantage of this approach is that you still have full control over your ghouls - if you decide you don't want to sacrifice them, you can simply "unload" them from the altar.

I remember I made such system for myself when I tried to create a trebuchet which required 3 engineers to operate to be able to shoot stuff, so it should definitely be possible to do what you want.

Level 29
It's Nichilus :/ The 'c' is not silent :D
Fix'd

You could write me what you want and I could take a look and remake the system to fit your needs. Can't guarantee I will do it without first knowing what exactly you want.

Have sent you a pm, take a look on what can be done. And if you manage to, have my thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.