• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I really hate the 'new Hive' hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I've already seen several topics bashing on the new Hive (not pointing any fingers... whoops!), so I thought it appropriate to throw some positivity that way... So let's talk about what we like about Hive 2.0!

Of all the improvements, one of my personal joys is having a built-in "Draft saving" functionality. I can't tell you how many times I worked on a post that got too long (seems all mine do :<...) and had to jerry-rig some way to work on it over time; usually a clunky Pastebin or even hosting it on my blog, lol. Now I can just walk away. Or better, if my computer dies mid-post, it helps me in emergencies too.

What about you?

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I was doing a spell creation tutorial, got excited that it saved the tutorial as a draft, I would no longer have to fiddle with pastebin. Seems like the attachments time out and I lost the graphics I made for the tutorial... Now I'm creating smaller tutorial the old school way.

I like the red alert notification. No need to go to user CP.

I wish we had the ability to comment on a reply, like Stack Overflow has. Also marking an answer as a solution would be dope on the World Editor Help Zone. Beside that, what else could we ask from a forum really? I guess integrated chat and hive API, but that's not relevant in my eyes.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I really love the new Hive love.

It's all a matter of adaptation and killing nostalgia.
We've got so many improvements and features on this "version".
Basically, it's great quality of life. Surely, there's mostly even better to come if needed.

Level 32
Automatic draft saving is a life saver. If only I had that when I was a map mod making long reviews!
Quick and effective XenForo addons such as the stream feature. There are more addons / plug ins out there.
I missed my user CP a lot for the first week, as that was my default page. But I learned that the instant alerts feature and the dropdown menu is better.

My only major gripe with Hive 2 is the dominant forum color. Lol, I think I'm going to put up a poll to see if we should go back the the lighter grey-brown other than the dark grey we have now. That touch of brown felt so warm compared to this generic cold feeling dark grey.
maxresdefault.jpg

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I actually really miss the User CP; having "Unread Watched Threads" as my 'main page' is sort of an OK substitute.

And funnily enough, this new color is closer to my preference, because I used the Terran skin (gunmetal & bluuuuuuue for dayz).

Level 22
I love how it makes me feel like a kid. I still haven't gotten used to the new interface and I keep trying to learn how to use the new stuff. Is there no more classic style though? I liked the minimalist look really much T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.