• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need Photoshop animation help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi,

Whenever I use Photoshop to try and animate something, I get my picture, open up the animation window, create a new frame, highlight the newly created frame, then edit the picture for that frame.
BUT WAIT! Photoshop has decided to be a 迪克头 and changes every single frame to what I am trying to change one of them to.

What the hell do I do?

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's been a while since I used the animation tool for Photoshop, but could you take a screenshot of the animation window with the frames and everything? Then it'd be easier for me to tell, 'cause I don't have Photoshop myself at the moment.

Level 12
Here is 3 frames before I add anything. Frame 3 is highlighted and whatever I place onto the picture should only show in frame 3.
photoshop1.png

Then, I add something to Frame 3.
photoshop2.png

It's bloody added it to all of the bloody frames.:ugly:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Have you tried placing the circle in a different layer, just to check it out. Sometimes the animation tools use layer-visibility (ie visible on|off) in order to make the animation. You could try making three layers, one with a red circle, one with a green square and lastly a yellow triangle. Then when you select a frame, make only one layer visible (using the eye on the left of the layer), and so on. See if that works. It might not be it, but as I recall one or more integrated animation-programs I have used works like that.

Note: you may use more than one layer per frame, I just tried to make an example. Layer visibility is the key. ;)

Level 12
Yes, I have tried using different layers, no matter what I change, they all ****ing change.
If you look at tutorials, it shows that all you have to do is change the picture and it changes the frame that's highlighted to what has been changed.
Okay, I messed with the layers... Using opacity and stuff... then it just decided to work... (quite difficult to figure out, as ike_ike said) then, whenever I click a frame, and edit something on the picture, it works like normally! Now how do I save photoshop pictures as a GIF?

It wont let me do File > Save For Web & Devices
Because my pic is 32-bit
Is there a way to change it to 16-bit?
Oh, figured it out.

Thank you everyone, and enjoy this animation Omg sliding across a 50x50pixel picture.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Omg_slide.gif
    Omg_slide.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It's usually easier than you think. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.